Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter: who still doesn't get it?

Twitter: do you get it?

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ian Poulter is quite entertaining. He tweeted about Westwood setting the alarm to go off on McDowells iPhone during Montys opening ceremony speech. Just crap like that really. Is it life-changing ? No. Just mildly amusing sometimes (although I'm totally bored with Leons meltdown now).

I followed Poulter on the Ryder cup which is the first and only time I have ever really used Twitter. It didn't change my life by knowing it, but I guess it does have it uses.

In regards to Facebook, I always thought that with Facebook you know when your mate has gone for a dump. With Twitter, you get to know when someone famous has curled one out.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It is also quite useful to 'stalk' the celebrities that you have a particular interest in, as often they'll tweet when they are going to be on a certain radio show or TV program which is usefull if you dont watch a lot of TV and wouldn't have known otherwise.

Great to keep up with Albion related news when you can't be bothered with NSC

Completely different from Facebook.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I think like a lot of these things it's been massivley overhyed by a smallish media clique for whom the service that it provides seems very important. TBH i think how you regard it relies on the importance you place on having instant access to the latest trivia.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
I like to use twitter, but the only thing I find really annoying about it is the trending topics. It's like all the lower class scum from myspace finally signed up and now I get a bunch of trending topics from dumbshite americans. #omgillneverfallforthatlie #watchingteenmom #wutguyzdotogirlzheartz ugh

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I signed up to twitter for the sole purpose of badgering Kazenga to come back...now he's back at Brighton, ive not looked at it :lolol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I prefer facebook as it's visual and I prefer visual media.
AND although I've been half looking at Twitter posts for over a year now I still can't get my head around the format.

@Albumen You are a tool.

I read that as 'This is aimed at Albumen, you are a tool'.

Maybe I am but my head won't stop saying 'at'

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
What I don't really get is retweeting and people who seem retweet 50 times a day. If I wanted to read a persons tweets I'd follow them!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its a product of a bizarre "look at me" decade....

I've never even visited the site to be honest, woulnd't know what it looked like. I hated facebook at first although have slowly come to appreciate certain parts of it, not all, but twitter is a step too far for me!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Twitter is merely a communications infrastructure. To have no interest in it, is to have no interest in absolutely anything at all.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Facebook - very well featured. Utter wank when it comes to working nearly all the time. Broken quite a few times, i can expect links to not work or chat to break 4/5 times an hour.

Twitter - underfeatured, but doesn't try to do too much and works nearly all the time

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I don't even get facebook so twitter has got no chance here sorry.
NSC is my guilty pleasure. Are there enough minutes in the day to follow NSC, Facebook and Twitter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here