Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter boycott

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Our very own Basil Fawlty and his ladyfriend have been subjected to vile abuse it seems. The Argus are on the case.

Indeed they were. I hope The Argus tell the whole story though, because if we're being honest the reaction and behaviour of some of their fans was obviously really poor, but the Tweets which got a reaction were provocative. Don't feed the trolls. They have NOTHING else to do.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought he simply called their manager a wanker and then a collection of Leeds fans started throwing insults towards his girlfriend's apparent appearance.

They both post under his account on here, so I'm sure we will hear something at some point.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought he simply called their manager a wanker and then a collection of Leeds fans started throwing insults towards his girlfriend's apparent appearance.

They both post under his account on here, so I'm sure we will hear something at some point.

I have a lot of time for Basil, we all know his real name but not using it out of respect. Known him since the Costa bus years out to Gillingham, he's a good guy and the most passionate Brighton fan I know.

But he always has, and always will, court controversy. Just his style, and there's nothing wrong with that imo. Obviously the things said about his good lady were out of order and wrong, but he is good troll fodder.

I suggest a life lived outside of Twitter and Facebook!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am not following anyone just joining the boycott until Twitter do something about the threats to women

do you not watch the news

Just threats to women, or threats to anyone? Because what you seem to be saying is that threats to women are unacceptable - fair enough - but that threats to men are ok.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just threats to women, or threats to anyone? Because what you seem to be saying is that threats to women are unacceptable - fair enough - but that threats to men are ok.

no its not
the original boycott was because of the threats to women
my twitter account will be closed as soon as I can find out how to do it

UPDATE

MY ACCOUNT IS NOW DEACTIVATED

AND FACEBOOK HAS GONE DOWN THE CRAPPER TOO

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
this is all very wet

It's a bit daft to run to the paper. Particularly if the paper is not going to approach the abusers for comment or name them in an attempt to shame them. Or even proof with screenshots.

All in all, a poor article. They didn't even print the pictures that brought about the abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here