Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twenty20 Rightful Winners v Cider Drinkers third attempt

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Could be a bowl out looking at the weather, beats a coin toss I suppose.

currentlarge.jpg

Opps that's quite big isn't it

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Somerset win the bowl out. Another trophy the rightful champions lose out on!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just out of interest the other night when they first attempted to play it looked extremely dark and I didn't see any floodlights, as I don't see any in the pic above. Do they have any or not?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Will they have a bowl out tonight if the Northants v Hampshire game is rained off. Or can that go to a 3rd reserve day too?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just out of interest the other night when they first attempted to play it looked extremely dark and I didn't see any floodlights, as I don't see any in the pic above. Do they have any or not?

No - they are putting in some permanent ones as part of the redevelopment though.

OT1-web.jpg

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Pre-installed 2009 Twenty20 Cup Winners Lancashire have failed in their attempt to win yet another trophy when God decided they were too high and mighty for his liking and they couldn't hit the stumps in a Bowl out with third rate and country cousins Somerset.

Lancashire who have won every major honour in Cricket since they last lifted a trophy (Frizzel County Division 2 Champions ) in 2005 plan to appeal by changing religion and asking extra terestial beings to get a rematch in time to celebrate Lancashire adding the annual LV Division One title win to the one they last won in 1934.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
zomerset win the bowlout :yahoo: :yahoo:

*snigger*

Somerset beat Lancashire 5-1 in a bowl-out to secure their place in Twenty20 finals day after three days of rain at Old Trafford forced the quarter-final to be decided by bowlers aiming at an unguarded set of stumps.

Alfonso Thomas hit the stumps with both his attempts, while Lancashire only had one successful strike from Steven Cheetham and the final bowlers from either side were not needed.

Somerset will now play Kent in the semi-final at Edgbaston.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not that fond of lancs frankly ,but thats a shyte way to go out. Thier supporters will no doubt be gutted as we would be. hey ho life goes on.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hahaha! :laugh:

This is exactly what I love to hear! :D :D :D

Ordered my tickets today...Only thing about Lancashire losing, is that, if Northamptonshire beat Hampshire, we will almost certainly be First Semi-Final.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
tell you what, with the webcam picture updating in the first post, it appears that the ground looks playable now :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Hahaha! :laugh:

This is exactly what I love to hear! :D :D :D

Ordered my tickets today...Only thing about Lancashire losing, is that, if Northamptonshire beat Hampshire, we will almost certainly be First Semi-Final.

how is the order of the semis worked out?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Distance.
So, Us and Northamptonshire (combined) will have to less travelling to do, than Somerset v Kent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here