Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tweet, and the winner is......

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I make a living from it. Ergo, professional. Conversely, your opinion is only opinion.

Just because you don't get a joke doesn't mean it isn't funny. And if you think that is the case, then you've waltzed pompously into the world of thinking your opinion is fact, which, to be fair, doesn't exactly mark you out as an individual in NSC.

I think you missed the sarcasm.
A common NSC trait indeed
:thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I like following that guy mainly to see the utter bellends that don't realise it's a joke.

Also @usasoccerguy example: 26 May EPL Scotland's Edinburg Hibernators better wake up and do nice soccer today, they play Boston Celtic's soccer franchise in a cup final game!

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
for christ's sake

It's a spoof, a parody, it lampoons, it mocks, it exaggerates. And it does so, to try and achieve comic effect.

It's pretty standard, haha, aren't Americanisms about football funny, but what makes it worth following on twitter is the cocks who can't see that.

When people are in mourning they fail to see the funny side.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
In fairness, Doug Deep is about as funny as waking up next to a dead sheep and strikes me one of the most humourless people on this board. He is therefore more than qualified to comment about what is or isn’t funny.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
In fairness, Doug Deep is about as funny as waking up next to a dead sheep and strikes me one of the most humourless people on this board. He is therefore more than qualified to comment about what is or isn’t funny.

Where did I claim to be funny? That was the other guy.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Do you have a book out? I'd love to avoid it.

Brutal. With that lack of a potential sale of a book that I haven't written yet, I'm not sure I'll cope financially. You've won this conversation so comprehensively I'm going to re-evaluate my career decisions, inform my agents that I am leaving the business for good, and never make a reasoned post about comedy on NSC ever again. I bow down to your cutting superiority and if you'd like to PM me your address I can post you the various awards I've accumulated in the last 16 years as I am big enough to know when I have been beaten by the better man.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Brutal. With that lack of a potential sale of a book that I haven't written yet, I'm not sure I'll cope financially. You've won this conversation so comprehensively I'm going to re-evaluate my career decisions, inform my agents that I am leaving the business for good, and never make a reasoned post about comedy on NSC ever again. I bow down to your cutting superiority and if you'd like to PM me your address I can post you the various awards I've accumulated in the last 16 years as I am big enough to know when I have been beaten by the better man.

I have enough awards already thanks. If you need any tips just PM me.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
oh my good god.

I posted that without really looking at the rest of the replies in this thread. Are there really at least 3 of you who don't realise

IT'S A JOKE

Three?? I count two. My reply was ironic? That obviously worked well then ...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
for christ's sake

It's a spoof, a parody, it lampoons, it mocks, it exaggerates. And it does so, to try and achieve comic effect.

It's pretty standard, haha, aren't Americanisms about football funny, but what makes it worth following on twitter is the cocks who can't see that.
This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here