Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tweed and Cardigan Road Block

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Is it definitely to do with the reopening of the inquiry?

Yes.

It has been arranged by FPC. They told the police that a number of coaches were being used by the Inquiry, not true. Just the one.

Basically the FPC have been very sneaky and this will do nothing to help them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yeah sorry.

So the Falmer Parish Council have organised a road block today because they inquiry will be using a couple of coaches to visit the site tomorrow when it reopens?

Seems a bit stupid to me.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Yeah sorry.

So the Falmer Parish Council have organised a road block today because they inquiry will be using a couple of coaches to visit the site tomorrow when it reopens?

Seems a bit stupid to me.

Or maybe the inspector is going on a tour of the sites today?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
So the inspector is going round today. What is the problem with the coaches etc?

FPC told the local police sargeant that a number of coaches would be used, this is not true. Only one coach is being used.

I am NOW going to stop answering your questions because I'm BORED.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Falmer Parish council and sane and logical thinking are not things that go hand in hand. FPC should stick to maintaining the village hall and arranging the summer fete not blocking off public highways.

My guess is by stopping cars going into the village they want to make it look like it is a peaceful and tranquil place during the day - and not a carpark which we all know it is. No doubt thay have been sweeping the streets, cleaning the pond, and cutting the grass and feeding the bats for the past week in preperation for the visit.

I hope the inspector will not be fooled by this poor attempt of subversion.

Richie Morris said:
So the Falmer Parish Council have organised a road block today because the inquiry will be using a couple of coaches to visit the site tomorrow when it reopens?
The Inquiry is using ONE coach only. And Falmer Village was never on the tour itinerary - although the stadium site at the University was.

They've now completed the visit to the stadium site and have moved on to look at the other venues on Prescott's list.

Tomorrow everyone will be at Brighton Town Hall - from 9.30am onwards.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They were supposed to visit all ten sites today.

Do you think the people of Shoreham Harbour, or Upper Beeding Cement Works all threw a fit and parked their 4 Wheel Drives across the roadway?

I think not.

Seven-toed, inbred NIMBY whingers.

"It's moi village an' nobody else comin' in it, oi'm telling yer".

Obstructing the highway is an offence for which someone can be arrested.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I bet Perseus is standing at Pende awaiting the Coach with a giant Billboard with his own "Vision" for a stadium....the :jester:

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I haven't got a lecture until 4. I might go up and annoy them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
CrabtreeBHA said:
I bet Perseus is standing at Pende awaiting the Coach with a giant Billboard with his own "Vision" for a stadium....the :jester:

Priceless - standing with a blackboard chalking up the business plan :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here