Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twats in E block.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Atmosphere was excellent today. Well done all - it can be done!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So's mine. It was your lucky pie that got us the draw.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Isn't all this just an indication of the way football has become gentrified? On Saturday and old'ish chap behind me tapped me on the shoulder and angrily said "Would you sit down so everyone else can see" to which I replied "sorry mate, thought this was a football match". The stupidity of it as I see it is this; I was standing because everyone else was standing so why the f*** ask me to sit down? Why not just stop being a prat and stand up like everyone else? As I've said before I can understand the frustration because my Dad's old and has dodgy knees but he just got on with it as much as he could and even took to a spot of ref abusing (which if you knew my Dad you'd find very amusing). It is a football match, not bowls. And Richie; what the f*** are you on about? I went to all manner of football grounds as a kid where there was terracing and you never saw a whole game (even if you did have your box to stand on you were invariably knocked off it at some point). It seems to me that some people have lost the plot when it comes to standing at games, after all, if you're that incapacitated and bothered about it there are other parts of the ground to use if you contact the club, either that or do the rest of us a favour and stay the f*** at home infront of the telly and moan at that instead.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Hungry Joe said:
Isn't all this just an indication of the way football has become gentrified? On Saturday and old'ish chap behind me tapped me on the shoulder and angrily said "Would you sit down so everyone else can see" to which I replied "sorry mate, thought this was a football match". The stupidity of it as I see it is this; I was standing because everyone else was standing so why the f*** ask me to sit down? Why not just stop being a prat and stand up like everyone else? As I've said before I can understand the frustration because my Dad's old and has dodgy knees but he just got on with it as much as he could and even took to a spot of ref abusing (which if you knew my Dad you'd find very amusing). It is a football match, not bowls. And Richie; what the f*** are you on about? I went to all manner of football grounds as a kid where there was terracing and you never saw a whole game (even if you did have your box to stand on you were invariably knocked off it at some point). It seems to me that some people have lost the plot when it comes to standing at games, after all, if you're that incapacitated and bothered about it there are other parts of the ground to use if you contact the club, either that or do the rest of us a favour and stay the f*** at home infront of the telly and moan at that instead.

Some sense at last. :thumbsup:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Oh, sorry.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
We are the best football supporters in the world

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Citrus a fine thread. Sorry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here