Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TV’s on concourse

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Doesn’t make sense, people will congregate regardless.

Did laugh when walking in to the WSU getting searched, whilst standing with my 7 year old son. Steward took exception when I asked if my son needs to be searched as well.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh the trials and tribulations of modern football, disgraceful isn't it, I wonder how many season tickets will be given up because of it, booooo, Barber out

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yep - like the ticket passing fiasco, the club have over reacted to covid rules I’m afraid. And all this ‘it’ll become mandatory on 1st Oct’ thing was guesswork. Just put the TVs back on!

Just so you know there is a way of passing a ticket on without paying the stupid fees and without handing over your phone. Myself and my son tested it at the Arsenal match. Happy to take PM's about it but people will need at least 1000 posts and 5 years on NSC. Not prepared to risk losing my ST by giving the info away to the wrong people.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Do you post on every thread this?

I posted it because it’s a relevant point in a thread where several other posters had argued that having tvs off had impacted revenue. And then several had shared anecdotes about how food is too expensive at the Albion and they go elsewhere. (Which it arguably is, and that’s up to them !)
I posted the link in one other thread cos it was about demand for tickets. Is that ok ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Reason being it was the worst pre match weather than I can remember for an Amex match

I think they sold record numbers of pies at Watford back in August so I’m guessing demand / expenditure post football lockdown appears - despite everything - very high. Even if Soccer Saturday is switched off - and perhaps even higher if it’s raining outside . (I’ve no idea)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just so you know there is a way of passing a ticket on without paying the stupid fees and without handing over your phone. Myself and my son tested it at the Arsenal match. Happy to take PM's about it but people will need at least 1000 posts and 5 years on NSC. Not prepared to risk losing my ST by giving the info away to the wrong people.

It's quite simple I expect by doing a screen shot

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are we going to pretend that's nothing do do with it the prices having been hiked?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Not pretending anything. . I’m just making the point amid a lot of posts from people that demand for catering isn’t there because club have done the wrong things (fill in x as preferred reason - prices , sharing seats, pie flavours, watching Sky on the concourse) that it probably still is.
They certainly seem to be shifting a fair few pints and pies to me …

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Not pretending anything. . I’m just making the point amid a lot of posts from people that demand for catering isn’t there because club have done the wrong things (fill in x as preferred reason - prices , sharing seats, pie flavours, watching Sky on the concourse) that it probably still is.
They certainly seem to be shifting a fair few pints and pies to me …

Of course demand is there, it's Premier League football and we are doing well!

But uneccessary penny pinching from Barbs has yet again caused more people to be dissatisfied with service and moan about it.

It'll be the same again next season when they make another bonkers decision that totally annoys off a few thousand people for the sake of making enough cash that will pay someone like Locadia for about 4 days training.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The 'shock-horror' at the lack of masks being worn in the WSU is hardly surprising, when the primary reason people are hanging around there is because they're meeting up with friends / family for a few beers, me included. What am I supposed to do - make a hole in the mask and push a straw through ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Yep - like the ticket passing fiasco, the club have over reacted to covid rules I’m afraid. And all this ‘it’ll become mandatory on 1st Oct’ thing was guesswork. Just put the TVs back on!

Yup, the club is getting a few things very wrong right now and it would be a good time for Paul Barber to review some of these decisions. The TV thing is utterly ridiculous. Certainly a decision made by a committee.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Yup, the club is getting a few things very wrong right now and it would be a good time for Paul Barber to review some of these decisions. The TV thing is utterly ridiculous. Certainly a decision made by a committee.

But apparently, the main reason that the concourse is packed is because people need to have a chat with their mates, and have a beer whilst doing so.
So surely, nobody would be watching the telly anyway, would they?
Might as well remove the TVs altogether, if it's all about catching up with mates and drinking with them. Who would be so disrespectful as to watch telly while they are catching up with, great conversation flowing?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
The 'shock-horror' at the lack of masks being worn in the WSU is hardly surprising, when the primary reason people are hanging around there is because they're meeting up with friends / family for a few beers, me included. What am I supposed to do - make a hole in the mask and push a straw through ?

No - you keep your mask on at all times in the concourse unless you are eating or drinking. You don't NOT wear it to climb up or down the stairs , walking around , going to the toilet , talking to friends , queuing etc etc.

You and thousands might not like it but it is the best that we can all do for ourselves and others at the moment. Unless you are potentially happy to catch and pass on COVID

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No - you keep your mask on at all times in the concourse unless you are eating or drinking. You don't NOT wear it to climb up or down the stairs , walking around , going to the toilet , talking to friends , queuing etc etc.

You and thousands might not like it but it is the best that we can all do for ourselves and others at the moment. Unless you are potentially happy to catch and pass on COVID

Actually face masks are pretty much useless, but the government doesn't want you to know that.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

But nobody’s keeping their masks on. Regardless of the howling on here, it seems like the thousands you mention who don’t like it have made their own decision. If you don’t like it or don’t agree then don’t go. Were you at the game yesterday?

The way I see it is that it is just hypocritical of the club to keep selling alcohol (which you can’t take to your seat) but keeping TVs off. You can make your own judgements on COVID but this as a situation makes no sense whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here