Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tv

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I watched that thing called Recovery on Sunday on BBC as the night fully settled in and light swamped just others parts of the world rather than our meagre sliver. As you may have discussed or known, that programme was the drama of a man run over, placed in a coma with a swollen brain and threat of death, and then his slow, lifeless repair unfolded. The broken cells of his brain meant his identity was robbed and his recovery was just his re-schooling of all the moments and products that forged him before.
Might just be my memory, of course, but it didn't half seem scarily similar in ways to my last 16 months. Some of it upsetting, but partly because i may have preferred the thought of me being the only one to ever go through this. What a doink.
:)

Anyway who are you most like in tv comedies or dramas? Any characters unfortunately alikened to you, NSC-ers?

Before i fell, i was most like Jacko's brother-in-law in Brush Strokes.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To a lot of people's delight ( my 'friends') Eastenders is now referred to as Maxenders due to the amount of people in it that have a passing resemblance to my gorgeous self.

The characters in question are:

Phil Mitchell

actor_philmitchell.jpg

Micky Miller (Don't see it myself)

mickey_actor.jpg

Bradley Branning

actor_bradleybranning_2.jpg

Max Branning (Even shares my name, hooray!)

cast_maxbranning.jpg

It's all very funny.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A cross between the mania of Basil Fawlty and the tidyness of Monica from friends.

Some people say I look like Johnny Vaughn.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Can't think that I have any distinguishing characteristics that would liken me to any TV character.

I'd like to be a witty mean bastard like blackadder though

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There is someone on here who has an amazing resemblance to a tv character though. Can't quite remember who, maybe Liberace, errr nope, it's gone

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Meade's_Ball said:
I watched that thing called Recovery on Sunday on BBC as the night fully settled in and light swamped just others parts of the world rather than our meagre sliver. As you may have discussed or known, that programme was the drama of a man run over, placed in a coma with a swollen brain and threat of death, and then his slow, lifeless repair unfolded. The broken cells of his brain meant his identity was robbed and his recovery was just his re-schooling of all the moments and products that forged him before.
Might just be my memory, of course, but it didn't half seem scarily similar in ways to my last 16 months. Some of it upsetting, but partly because i may have preferred the thought of me being the only one to ever go through this. What a doink.

Anyway who are you most like in tv comedies or dramas? Any characters unfortunately alikened to you, NSC-ers?

Before i fell, i was most like Jacko's brother-in-law in Brush Strokes.

absolutely brilliant show and played well by David Tennant.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I live my life in a very similar fashion to Eric from Lovejoy. However in looks I like to think I am more like Tinker.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Tv

Dave the Gaffer said:
absolutely brilliant show and played well by David Tennant.

It was pretty much my story in parts. Although told using the body of a handsome, charming man and his successful long-term relationship as husband and father.

My mum got a bit upset watching it. And i think i did when he woke initially and couldn't recognise anyone. Just looked so drunk and could understand not a single word of questioning, logic or reason. Tried to sign himself out ofhospital and tell everyone he was absolutely fine, that injury, as invisible as it must have been, was already cured. Then his deep depression and slow recognition of the sheer size of his fractured sights and possibilities emerged. Everything slow, sour and pulsating with question marks at the end of each moment.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Tv

Meade's_Ball said:
It was pretty much my story in parts. Although told using the body of a handsome, charming man and his successful long-term relationship as husband and father.

My mum got a bit upset watching it. And i think i did when he woke initially and couldn't recognise anyone. Just looked so drunk and could understand not a single word of questioning, logic or reason. Tried to sign himself out ofhospital and tell everyone he was absolutely fine, that injury, as invisible as it must have been, was already cured. Then his deep depression and slow recognition of the sheer size of his fractured sights and possibilities emerged. Everything slow, sour and pulsating with question marks at the end of each moment.

you have done so well to come through it though mate.

Everyone on here was thinking of you when it happened, and in some small way we still do....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tv

Dave the Gaffer said:
you have done so well to come through it though mate.

Everyone on here was thinking of you when it happened, and in some small way we still do....

Ta.

Weird, though, innit.
Someone you kind of know, or know a little of the character he portrays on a football message board has an accident, all the words he wrote of before subtracted, and then he jots constantly of his difficulty and any little moments of pride he has when he mentions the flashes of meaty, mental recollection that somehow, he feels, shows his re-making.
Everything just becomes an anecdote. Something that probably happened once to someone. Less of an incident that made me, just something that briefly stood in the way.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tv

Meade's_Ball said:
Weird, though, innit.
Someone you kind of know, or know a little of the character he portrays on a football message board has an accident, all the words he wrote of before subtracted, and then he jots constantly of his difficulty and any little moments of pride he has when he mentions the flashes of meaty, mental recollection that somehow, he feels, shows his re-making.
Everything just becomes an anecdote. Something that probably happened once to someone. Less of an incident that made me, just something that briefly stood in the way.

You what ??

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tv

Titanic said:
You what ??

Does it make a tad of sense, or something?
Sorry. I wouldn't like to waltz along in life with the rest of you i'mokers, without the smog of rainy cerebral sprouts to place the blame on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here