Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV Cameras

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Am I right in thinking that the TV gantry will be in the East Stand Upper this coming season ?

Therefore TV coverage, replays and etc... Will feature the West stand in the background ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
no..

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Even if the current TV position in the West is continued the view of the East stand with the new ESU in place will be impressive.

However if the OP is correct the view of the West Stand from the East would be mega impressive on telly. Mind you would the cameras then being facing into the sun for relevant games?

Also do the new balconies on the ESU now allow for the cameras that Sky and the Beeb like to have level with the goal lines?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Am I right in thinking that the TV gantry will be in the East Stand Upper this coming season ?

Therefore TV coverage, replays and etc... Will feature the West stand in the background ?

You could well be right !

It could answer why the apron 'American Express Community Stadium' (or whatever wording) is apparently upside down from the West Upper TV position.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They might be building one in the East but the main ones will surely stay in the West, because of the sun.

This is my understanding of it too. The East gantry is just for alternative camera views.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Whenever the tv cameras came to the Goldstone years ago, the main camera angle was always on the chicken run. If the gantry was at the back of the East Stand looking down, the sun doesn't matter a toss.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I think I'm right in saying that there will be cameras all over the place, behind the goals, both sides, corners etc.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I would be very suprised. I suspect these, like others have said, are for alternative views. For example cameras in the East could spend the entire time following a manager for his reaction to goals/near misses etc.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
We will need extra cameras for Hawkeye

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I know someone mentioned it earlier, but I do recall someone saying at the start of last season, that was the reason the wording in front of the West Stand was laid as if reading it from the East.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Whenever the tv cameras came to the Goldstone years ago, the main camera angle was always on the chicken run. If the gantry was at the back of the East Stand looking down, the sun doesn't matter a toss.

Very much this. Sometimes you'll see photographers on the East side shooting in the direction of the sun.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I think I'm right in saying that there will be cameras all over the place, behind the goals, both sides, corners etc.

On Saturday I noticed that TV cameras were located in two new pits - one in front of the North Stand, and one in front of the West Stand, northern end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here