Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV advice

gjh1971 said:
My telly broke yesterday, need to get a new one, got around £700 to spend. Any recommendations?

Oooh, look at me, I've got £700 quid to spend for a bloody TELLY! I'm rich and can splash it out bigstylee.

Sorry, it had to be done.
I'm getting ready for my "Any advice on Aston Martin as I'm ready to trade the Renault" thread. :cool:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
rent is the way forward, get a nice tele keep it 18 months - 2 years and then get a new one. Never actually get to pay the full amount of the tele. Anything goes wrong with it get a new one the next day.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Rookie said:
rent is the way forward, get a nice tele keep it 18 months - 2 years and then get a new one. Never actually get to pay the full amount of the tele. Anything goes wrong with it get a new one the next day.

Where do you rent from and how much do you pay??

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Rookie said:

http://www.forbesdirect.tv/product_...=&Make=%&Style=LCD&Submit=Search+for+Products

You may not get from Forbes but can i just say:

6.22 per week for 78 weeks is £485, pretty much EXACTLY the value of the TV so if you buy it you will own it in 18 months or you rent it and have to give it back at the end! :shootself :shootself

I bought a huge widescreen Sony Trinitron with digital receiver from a house-clearance sale for £75. She threw in a DVD player, VHS, and as an afterthought a sky box which I sold on for £26 :lolol:

It's a heavy bastard telly, but worked a treat after I got a powered ariel thingy for £2 from a boot faire. :drink:

£700 ?? You must be maaaaaad mate :dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
But you don't own the one you have spent the last umpteen months renting.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
dougdeep said:
And after 18 months I have a new one. Add that to your equation.

Same lines as what Gully says, after 18 months Forbes have a nice telly to sell second hand you have just started paying for someone else's telly again! If you want a new one just buy another, it'll be cheaper to buy it even paying a rediculious APR than rent it and you can sell the old one on e-bay for a few quid if you don't want it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here