Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuttle Quits

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
McGhee should not resign because he has tried hard to make a silk purse from a sows ear,and bloody nearly did it,too. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nearly did it? In case you hadn't noticed we are currently 10 points behind Wendy! Not even close!

Can't blame him for not resigning though, there can't be any other clubs out there dumb enough to take him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhaexpress said:
McGhee has a need to get paid the same as everybody else. He's not in the income bracket to make grandiose guestures by resigning and neither is he likely to walk into another football related role either as a manager or a pundit.

Whould you walk out on your job even if you thought you were doing it badly ? Could you afford to ?

McGhee will have made more in his career than most of us, playing abroad will have helped and also some of the signing on fees he will have secured when he changed jobs will have been decent enough.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So not only does NSC know chapter and verse about the clubs finances, we also know about McGhee's personal finances too, do we ?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
So not only does NSC know chapter and verse about the clubs finances, we also know about McGhee's personal finances too, do we ?

I was under the impression that he spent all his money on WHISKY?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Obvious really, if he could afford to he'd quit wouldn't he? Why would anyone with enough money, poke up with a bunch of wankers standing behind the dugout abusing them, if they could afford to walk away ?:lol:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Icy Gull said:
Obvious really, if he could afford to he'd quit wouldn't he? Why would anyone with enough money, poke up with a bunch of wankers standing behind the dugout abusing them, if they could afford to walk away ?:lol:

I would for A few thousand a week

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stinky Kat said:
I would for A few thousand a week

how many thousand a week do you reckon he is on then :ohmy:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
McGhee will have made more in his career than most of us, playing abroad will have helped and also some of the signing on fees he will have secured when he changed jobs will have been decent enough.

Well suppose say, I think you're doing a crap job whatever the circumstances, does that give me the right to demand your resignation ? Of course it doesn't. So why would you expect him to go because you don't like the way he does things.

Personally I could care less whether he stays or goes but I don't see why people expect him to resign just because its what they want. After all, there's plenty of peple who don't want or expect him to resign isn't there ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Well suppose say, I think you're doing a crap job whatever the circumstances, does that give me the right to demand your resignation ? Of course it doesn't. So why would you expect him to go because you don't like the way he does things.

Personally I could care less whether he stays or goes but I don't see why people expect him to resign just because its what they want. After all, there's plenty of peple who don't want or expect him to resign isn't there ?

Firstly football and what the rest of are meant to do is different.

If I was doing a crap job, then there are ways of dismissing me.

Still you need a job to get sacked from, eh Frank.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
Firstly football and what the rest of are meant to do is different.

If I was doing a crap job, then there are ways of dismissing me.

No, I have job, nice try at winding up though but not for the first time you've got it wrong. As it is we're not talking about his sacking we're talking about his resignation but once again you've decided to change the text to suit your rather tedious argument.

Tell me, just why do you or would you expect him to resign when he has a contract ? What 'moral obligation' is he under ? You may not like the way he does his job and I'm sure that I wouldn't like the way you do yours, you spend way to much time on here as it is so I demand your resignation.

I would suggest that you keep the personal remarks out of this as it rather shows that I'm right and you have no answer. The real joke is that I'm not trying to prove any point or score them either.

Uncle Buck said:
Oh dear - and this was the person lecturing me on constructive debate only yesterday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Any manager that resigns is likely to get labelled as a quitter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
London Irish said:
Oh dear - and this was the person lecturing me on constructive debate only yesterday.

Apart from any other consideration old Bucky was on about resignation which was the thrust of my original post on the subject. As it is he realises he has no answer so he's decided to change tack and start talking about sacking which is a rather different matter.

Naturally in order to disguise the fact that he has no lucid response he's tried rather vainly to provoke me into a slanging match which clearly he hasn't.

Regretably I now own him I guess. Anybody want to take him off my hands ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bhaexpress said:
Regretably I now own him I guess. Anybody want to take him off my hands ?
I'll have him at weekends if you like, but its not really fair during the week as I'm at work most of the time.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
withdeanwombat said:
McGhee should not resign because he has tried hard to make a silk purse from a sows ear,and bloody nearly did it,too.

How "nearly"? We're down by mid-April, and ten points off the nearest safe spot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here