Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turning off quote notifications

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
It didn't though, did it? Nothing pops up at all.

So Bozza, as this is something you must have recently turned on as part of the upgrade, is there an option to turn it off again? Does seem a little pointless.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why does it seem pointless? Wouldn't you rather know that someone has replied to one of your posts to give you the chance to reply or ignore, before it is lost in the bowels of NSC?

It is hardly obtrusive. The red banner at the top will tell you if you have a PM.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I do find it useful to go back and see if someone has replied to me. It seems to come up with a notification of when I quote someone else which I don't find useful.

It's hardly annoying to have it, everyone will get used to it soon enough and get back to moaning about Brighton

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I actually think they're brilliant. Nobody's on here all day, and if I've only got five minutes I'd much rather be able to be taken straight to direct replies to my posts.

I don't understand how a little number in the top corner can be that annoying...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
not to do with the notifications, but what happened to the twitter links? i thought that was a good idea yet it seems to have dissappeared

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
not to do with the notifications, but what happened to the twitter links? i thought that was a good idea yet it seems to have dissappeared

A couple of people complained about slowness on the site. It seemed isolated as no-one else was reporting the same. I turned off all the new bells and whistles to see if they were causing the issue, although I'm pretty sure they weren't.

I've just forgotten to turn them back on - I'll do so tonight.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I actually think they're brilliant. Nobody's on here all day, and if I've only got five minutes I'd much rather be able to be taken straight to direct replies to my posts.

I don't understand how a little number in the top corner can be that annoying...

Same here.

Although I don't particularly need the notification that is now on it's way to me that I've quoted YOU. I know that already, I did it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
A couple of people complained about slowness on the site. It seemed isolated as no-one else was reporting the same. I turned off all the new bells and whistles to see if they were causing the issue, although I'm pretty sure they weren't.

I've just forgotten to turn them back on - I'll do so tonight.

Not that I've found it particularly slow recently, but I have noticed that with the added link icons on the pages, when a main board comes up and I click on a thread title reasonably quickly, because not everthing has loaded yet, when everything does load and the page position of everything is now different, I find I've clicked on something different to what I wanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here