Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turn unwanted CDs into cash

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
That's just it, my car has a mint BOSE system and although most birds wouldn't pick up on it, there's a distinct difference between an original and a copied CD in terms of the quality.

Maybe I should get a Bose and, instead of selling them, put my 3,000 CDs in my car BOOT? :jester:

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Just made £11.25 from complete RUBBISH that I am largely happy to see the back of.

Some CDs though (that are admittedly awful) have sentimental value and are quite painful to see go for £0.30, but definitely worth flogging the rest.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
That's just it, my car has a mint BOSE system and although most birds wouldn't pick up on it, there's a distinct difference between an original and a copied CD in terms of the quality.

If a CD is copied using proper settings, there is no difference at all.

If you rip it in, say, iTunes at default settings and reburn there'll be a difference alright. If you rip it using EAC as recommended above, or cdparanoia, or CDEX, or indeed anything thats not a media player and reburn it at a low speed that data will be 100% identical.

That said, I'm holding on to my CDs, cause the media licencing agency here doesn't seem to accept much beyond physical media as proof of ownership if they do an audit on a DJ.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Please note that if you do not follow the above criteria we will unfortunately be unable to accept the item. When this happens, we reserve the right to not pay you for the item and also we will also not be able to return the item so please ensure you follow these guidelines. Full details are contained in our terms and conditions.

Don't like the sound of that bit.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Why do you not just use eBay? That link offered £0.43 for The Beastie Boys - Solid Gold Hits - absolute turd ( the offer not the BB's!)! I sold this 3 weeks ago using eBay quick sell & USBN number & stock photo for 7.23 + 2.00 P+P!

HCQ

eBay is great for one-offs and rarities, but if you have 100s or 1000s of CDs to shift, it's 100s of trips to the PO - and a LOT of dicking about.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Why do you not just use eBay? That link offered £0.43 for The Beastie Boys - Solid Gold Hits - absolute turd ( the offer not the BB's!)! I sold this 3 weeks ago using eBay quick sell & USBN number & stock photo for 7.23 + 2.00 P+P!

HCQ

Totally agreed, i just went through 50 odd albums (i know, im bored) and it came to £40-05p. Some of you might think thats not bad its about 75p a disc, well it offered me 30p for most and the highest was £2-76. Think i could do much better on ebay.

Please note that if you do not follow the above criteria we will unfortunately be unable to accept the item. When this happens, we reserve the right to not pay you for the item and also we will also not be able to return the item so please ensure you follow these guidelines. Full details are contained in our terms and conditions.

Don't like the sound of that bit.

No i dont like the sound of that either, sounds like a scam if ever there was one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Damn you Wozza, I am gonna spend hours on that site!

Best price so far £2.70 for Calexico - Hot Rails. Most of the others are 30 to 90p. Not sure I'm gonna sell them but it's quite fun just seeing what price is offered.

Can anyone beat £2.70 for top price or 30p for lowest?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don'twant to shift many CDs but I do have loads of vinyl to shift - they take up too much room - as Wozza says, eBay is a pain when there's lot of stuff to dispose of. Anyone got any ideas of getting rid of LPs and 12-inchers?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Damn you Wozza, I am gonna spend hours on that site!

Best price so far £2.70 for Calexico - Hot Rails. Most of the others are 30 to 90p. Not sure I'm gonna sell them but it's quite fun just seeing what price is offered.

Can anyone beat £2.70 for top price or 30p for lowest?

£3 for an album by Sophie Soloman. I haven't heard of her either - belongs to the missus.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have had a look at the site and the offers they make are SHIT HOUSE. £ 0.80 for a premium new dvd title which cost between £ 5 - £ 10. I think not. Surely you can get more by selling it at a car boot sale or the regular events at the Brighton Centre.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
eBay is great for one-offs and rarities, but if you have 100s or 1000s of CDs to shift, it's 100s of trips to the PO - and a LOT of dicking about.

You don't get nothing for nothing (unless on benefits), Agree if you just sending one out, a lot of hassle for very little money, but i knew a guy who buys these collections of 2000 a time for 50p each and then sells them on e bay, even at a £1 each he has doubled his money, £1000 very nice,
You say its a lot of dicking about, but its not once you get it organised, using a template so for each auction auction you only need to put in the few details, and post out at 10-20 a time. it really quite easy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
You don't get nothing for nothing (unless on benefits), Agree if you just sending one out, a lot of hassle for very little money, but i knew a guy who buys these collections of 2000 a time for 50p each and then sells them on e bay, even at a £1 each he has doubled his money, £1000 very nice,
You say its a lot of dicking about, but its not once you get it organised, using a template so for each auction auction you only need to put in the few details, and post out at 10-20 a time. it really quite easy.

Jesus, I can think of much easier/quicker ways to make £1000 than to list, sell and send TWO THOUSAND individual CDs on eBay!

I've sold vinyl and stuff on eBay (rating of 500+), but it's simply not worth my time messing about with 100s or 1000s of low-value items.

Fair enough if it works for others, but I value my time more than a few quid per hour!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I have had a look at the site and the offers they make are SHIT HOUSE. £ 0.80 for a premium new dvd title which cost between £ 5 - £ 10. I think not. Surely you can get more by selling it at a car boot sale or the regular events at the Brighton Centre.

We've been through this. You'll get much more dosh, but it takes TIME (= money) and you have to mix with chavs and the great unwashed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone confirm they have actually USED this service, gone all the way through processing and cashed their cheque?

I'm tempted to but just want to make sure it's 100% safe.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Pfft CD Headunits in cards are past it anyway, get yourself an alpine Ipod set up :thumbsup:

With a classic = thousands of songs at a whim and no glovebox packed with CDs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here