Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turn unwanted CDs into cash

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I have 1000s of unwanted CDs at home.

Been meaning to do a car boot sale for years, but can't be arsed dealing with CHAVS.

eBay/Amazon marketplace etc not worth hassle as you'd have to send one out at a time. Zzzzzzzz.

Anyway, just been recommended this amazing site/service...

Selling your music CDs DVDs and games? Sell for cash the best prices paid

You enter ISBN number and it gives you a quote for each CD (or DVD/game). They supply postage page envelopes too.

This is how it valued four CDs sitting in the office:

Radiohead - Airbag/How Am I Driving? £0.91
Roni Size - New Forms £0.30
Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll £1.80
Various Artists - XFM Presents This Is Music £0.50

We reckon 50p a CD would have been acceptable, so this looks like a WINNER to me. :thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Excellent site. I've got quite a few redundant CDs and it saves messing with e bay and paypal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quality, will be using this.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
This isn't having a go at anyone cos obviously it appeals to a lot of people but I don't really get the idea of selling CD's? How can getting less than a quid for each CD be worth bothering with?

Selling say 200 CD's that have cost you somewhere between £1000 to £2000 for less than £200 seems a bit pointless to me. I've still yet to find a copied CD that sounds as good as an original on a decent system.

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
This isn't having a go at anyone cos obviously it appeals to a lot of people but I don't really get the idea of selling CD's? How can getting less than a quid for each CD be worth bothering with?

Selling say 200 CD's that have cost you somewhere between £1000 to £2000 for less than £200 seems a bit pointless to me. I've still yet to find a copied CD that sounds as good as an original on a decent system.

I have my laptop hooked up to my sound system and with having all my music on said laptop, my CD collection has become a bit dusty to say the least! I will be keeping the odd few, but rather than let the others rot away I may as well make some money!

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy

Personally, I've got loads of duplicate CDs cluttering up the house - they were in both mine and the missus' separate collections.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Because I only cherish 10% or so of my collection (which I'll keep).

As for the rest, space and cash is more important than sound quality.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because all my music is copied onto an external hard drive, my cds are completely useless to me. Might as well get £300 odd for them.

Also Copied CDs sound EXACTLY as good as original CDs if they're burned at the same speed.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I've still yet to find a copied CD that sounds as good as an original on a decent system.

Keep looking then. If a CD is copied using EAC software (Exact Audio Copy) on to a hard drive as a wav file, then no info is lost.

Better still if you can play direct from the hard drive via say a firewire connection to a dedicated DAC using software shown to eradicate jitter then this will improve the sound over any top end CD player I know.

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Because all my music is copied onto an external hard drive, my cds are completely useless to me.
Hope you've got your collection backed up. Its a painful experience loosing you entire CD collection in one hit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have 1000s of unwanted CDs at home.

Been meaning to do a car boot sale for years, but can't be arsed dealing with CHAVS.

eBay/Amazon marketplace etc not worth hassle as you'd have to send one out at a time. Zzzzzzzz.

Anyway, just been recommended this amazing site/service...

Selling your music CDs DVDs and games? Sell for cash the best prices paid

You enter ISBN number and it gives you a quote for each CD (or DVD/game). They supply postage page envelopes too.

This is how it valued four CDs sitting in the office:

Radiohead - Airbag/How Am I Driving? £0.91
Roni Size - New Forms £0.30
Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll £1.80
Various Artists - XFM Presents This Is Music £0.50

We reckon 50p a CD would have been acceptable, so this looks like a WINNER to me. :thumbsup:

I'd give you £2 for the Sabbath if its good nick.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because all my music is copied onto an external hard drive, my cds are completely useless to me. Might as well get £300 odd for them.

Also Copied CDs sound EXACTLY as good as original CDs if they're burned at the same speed.

I'd still miss my record collection though. Getting a load of mates round and playing music just aint the same with mp3s.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Guess I'm just Old School then but I'd rather have the actual CD that I could play on any device I wanted at any time

Thats a good point, but most of my alternative listening devices (PC, car etc) are not that fussy about sound quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here