Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey 3-0 England

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uefa will award a 3-0 win to Turkey in the event that the England player rebellion prevents Saturday's Euro 2004 decider in Istanbul taking place.

The Football Association remain hopeful that the match will go ahead as planned, but they remain locked in talks with players who continue to be angry over Rio Ferdinand's omission from the squad.

Reports have indicated that the players have told the FA they are prepared not to play unless Ferdinand is reinstated.

The Manchester United defender was not selected for the squad on Tuesday as a repercussion for failing to attend a drugs test.

Uefa would not comment on the controversy but their regulations stipulate that unless a side is prevented from taking part in a match due events such as a natural disaster or major travel problems then they forfeit the game. The opposition are awarded a 3-0 win.

It is understood that if the Ferdinand dispute does prevent the match going ahead then Uefa will have no option but to award it to Turkey, who would then qualify automatically for the finals in Portugal next summer.

England would then go into a two-legged play-off which they would need to win to secure a place in the finals.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
3 - 0 thats not a bad result !!!

I'm off down the bookies :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A natural disaster eh?

Turkey has earthquakes all the time don't they. Not a nasty one that will kill people but just enough to stop the match on Saturday.

That would solve it

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
UEFA are a bunch of hypocritical wankers! They would just love to see this scenario happen! UEFA have always hated us and take great pleasure in slating England and the fans.

Albion Rob

Phil Barber, from the FA, says that his understanding is that we would be thrown out of the tournament. Full stop.

Also Garth Crooks is pissing me off because he is asking a disproportionate amount of shit questions at the press conference.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Albion Rob said:
Phil Barber, from the FA, says that his understanding is that we would be thrown out of the tournament. Full stop.

Also Garth Crooks is pissing me off because he is asking a disproportionate amount of shit questions at the press conference.

is he asking in his stuuuuupid voice that he only puts on when hes on the tele !!!

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
3-0 is the standard result when team's don't turn up so no argument there (from me).
Getting thrown out? Don't know what to think about that - depends on the rules of the competition I guess.

Albion Rob

I'm waiting for that f***ing momolouge.

You're Phil Barber, it's the day before a crucial qualifier, the players don't want to play, UEFA wil come down heavy. What's going through your mind? What are you thinking Phil?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm getting to the stage that I don't care about England and it's bunch of overpaid, selfish , yob players.
They and all Premiership players are ruining our game.
And SC is beginning to grate. For goodness sake, make a decision!
There, I feel better now

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
If the players don't go, we should send some who want to play. I'm sure there's enough of them in England, and it should make for an entertaining game.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ferdinand has brought this upon himself - he knew the dope-testing rules. What the England players are up to, I have no idea. They should concentrate on who is there in the squad, not who isn't.

I bet this is making Upson and Terry feel good about themselves...

ojalbion

Jul 7, 2003
team to face turkey

roberts
hinshelwood
butters
cullip (if fit)
mayo
piercy
rehmen
carpenter
hart
knight
mcphee

subs
flintey
watson
robinson
marney
virgo

1-1, robinson comes off the bench to score and send england through to the finals

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Let them be chucked out. The fact that Ferdinand and Man U think that they are above the rules stinks of arrogance. He clearly thinks that his house move was more important than the test so could rearrange it for a more convenient time. United have his phone number so easily could have recalled him on the day to take the test but thought that the rules do not apply to them.

Alex Ferguson makes no bones that he is happy for his players to miss international games as he only cares about his club and not the countries they represent. He persuaded Roy Keane to retire and is always whinging about Scholes getting injured playing for England, and we all know about Giggs' record for appearing in friendlies for Wales over the last 10 years.

Radio Four have just said that the rules of the competition are that England would be disqualified from the tournament.

Confirmed by the FA and UEFA spokesmen, in R4 interviews.

We could run a poll:-

Best England Strikers?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the players are a bunch of numpties. Ferdinand has f****d up, so they have no grounds for complaint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here