Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turienzo - what's going on?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
gvce26 said:
You bet he will be? and if he isn't you will owe me?

Yep....but since McGammon hasn't played so far this year, I'd want a three goal start to level things up. Agreed?

The winner donates £10 to the Alive and Kicking fund at the end of the season.

:wave:

Last edited:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Zebedee said:
Yep....but since McGammon hasn't played so far this year, I'd want a three goal start to level things up. Agreed?

The winner donates £10 to the Alive and Kicking fund at the end of the season.

So he only needs to score 7 goals! I think he will do it but I will take you up the the bet!!

:albion:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think that there are some harsh comments about El Turi: it's his first game after an injury lay-off, he's in a new country where he doesn't speak the language - I would have been astonished if he'd set the division on fire.

Very few foreign players make an impression from the start (even Henry struggled at first) and those that do (Klinsmann, Ardiles, Bergkamp etc) usually speak good English (I hasten to add that I'm not suggesting that Turienzo is the equal of these).

Let's give him a chance: let him get used to English football, the language and a new culture. He has a lot to take on board - I bet no English lessons could prepare for Charlie Oatway in the dressing room.

If in four months' time, he's had a regular run and is still playing pony, then fair enough, have a moan. But give the guy a break for a bit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The thing that pisses me off is that MM spent a large chunk of our player budget on someone he had never seen in the flesh till he came over.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Shropshire Seagull said:
Turienzo's first touch today was to give the ball away on our left wing near the halfway line - Stoke sent the ball back over the top, crossed it and a tamely challanged header beat Blaney at his near post for their third goal - woeful!

After that he was immediately caught off-side.
Then sent his header wide.
I didn't see any signs that he had a special quality that we are so badly missing from our current srtikers. But this was his debut, so it would be wrong to pass judgement on such a short 20 minute showing.

Sums it up

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
The thing that pisses me off is that MM spent a large chunk of our player budget on someone he had never seen in the flesh till he came over.

He didn't spend anything until after the trial at Lewes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who said it was a six figure sum?

And then Ian Hart said it was pounds £ sterling? Not pesos.

Was MM involved in the deal?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think the six-figure sum comment actually came from the club.

I wonder if Tank has anything to say - what does he look like in training (football-wise!!)?

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Shropshire Seagull said:
Turienzo's first touch today was to give the ball away on our left wing near the halfway line - Stoke sent the ball back over the top, crossed it and a tamely challanged header beat Blaney at his near post for their third goal - woeful!

I didn't see any signs that he had a special quality that we are so badly missing from our current srtikers. But this was his debut, so it would be wrong to pass judgement on such a short 20 minute showing.
You obviously weren't at the Reading or Crewe games then.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
hove born&bred said:
You obviously weren't at the Reading or Crewe games then.

Indeed I wasn't, please replace "debut" with "return from long injury lay-off"

Or was he shit-hot in those two matches I missed and my assessment is all wrong?

Last edited:

Dr Schnell

Aug 20, 2003
Bald Gull said:
I think the six-figure sum comment actually came from the club.

I wonder if Tank has anything to say - what does he look like in training (football-wise!!)?

Bald Gull, perhaps you should be asking Gay Gull those sorts of questions. I know he shows a very keen interest in the appearance of the BHAFC players

Shropshire Seagull said:

One of those days though, hard to blame the poor sub coming on chasing the lost cause. Hammond gave away possession tamely for the first goal and nobody is laying into him.

(Rightly).

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Against Reading he made a decent impact. Unlucky not to score with a shot from outside the box. I've seen some poor touches from him since then but I doubt he's been involved in 45 minutes yet. Give him 3 or 4 starts before judging.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
At the risk of getting flamed i think El Turo is not a footballer he lacks control pace and for his height does not win balls in the air ..who knows given time he improves but on what i have seen that dosent seem to be the case !:nono:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Turienzo will come good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here