Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turienzo Subbed After 42 Mins

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, SCR seemed to think he was injured...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
maybe the pain of all those offsides...damn linesman, why did he have to use chemical weapons when his flag would suffice?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
fake slim said:
maybe the pain of all those offsides...damn linesman, why did he have to use chemical weapons when his flag would suffice?

LoL :D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was amazed at how much applause he got as he walked in front of the Albion faithful after that performance.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
He had a mare by any standard. Mcghee would have taken him off at half time even if he wasn't injured. Very disappointed with his contribution. People slag off Mccammon but at least he tries.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Stoaty Ferret said:
He had a mare by any standard. Mcghee would have taken him off at half time even if he wasn't injured. Very disappointed with his contribution. People slag off Mccammon but at least he tries.

To be honest, I thought Turienzo's problem was that he was too eager, which resulted in him constantly getting caught offside. I don't think I'd ever accuse McCammon of being "too eager"....

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Bozza said:
I was amazed at how much applause he got as he walked in front of the Albion faithful after that performance.

Federico Turienzo

:clap2: :albion: :clap2: :clap2: :albion: :albion: :clap2: :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jim in the West said:
To be honest, I thought Turienzo's problem was that he was too eager, which resulted in him constantly getting caught offside. I don't think I'd ever accuse McCammon of being "too eager"....

You're very generous. I had it filed under "ability/distinct lack of".

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Even Jake Robinson was taking the piss out of him at half time!!

Stoaty Ferret said:

Was he really that bad? Thought he had a few nice touches and lay-offs while he was on.

Have to say I thought the two Luton centre-backs, was it Underwood and Coyne?, both had excellent games and were on top of whatever we threw at them, whether that be El Turi or Big Mac, or CKR and Leon.

I was very impressed with Luton tonight, no star names, but a lot of "strong" players who showed exemplary teamwork, you can understand now their start in the league this season.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
London Irish said:
Was he really that bad? Thought he had a few nice touches and lay-offs while he was on.

Have to say I thought the two Luton centre-backs, was it Underwood and Coyne?, both had excellent games and were on top of whatever we threw at them, whether that be El Turi or Big Mac, or CKR and Leon.

I was very impressed with Luton tonight, no star names, but a lot of "strong" players who showed exemplary teamwork, you can understand now their start in the league this season.

Got to agree with this. I thought El Turi looked like Maradona in comparison to McGammon. He kept possession a lot better and his movement was ok. Yes he was offside a lot but some of that was down to the dodgy officials.

McGammon on the other hand, was never going to be offside as that would 've involved running which he clearly didn't want to do.

The 'plan' of playing the two biggest lumps he could find up front was lame to say the least.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
don't think we really created anything for the front 2 to work with, as they just seemed to be spending most of the time closing people down

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Again, althought this excuse is wearing thin. Both McCammon and El Turi haven't played a great deal of first team football this season and it will take time for them to adjust again. Much longer for El Turi as it is a "different ball game" and he will need time to adjust further.

Coupled with meeting a decent Luton team at their place on a cold night.

Stoaty Ferret said:

he was rubbish yesterday. never posed a threat and never looked like doing anything but lose the ball

and Turienzo hardly impressed either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here