Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe drops down a division

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If the Argus says it must be true, Andy Naylor has played the game to what level? He is just a journalist.

What stats don't pick up is second phase possession. Feel free to post stats relating to how many times he was out of position!

Thankfully under Gus we are less reliant on set plays.

Fair enough. Agree we are less reliant on set plays now but the long throws were under Slade. Think what u want about Naylor but the sentiment of that article is true, its no Delap!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Less reliant on set-pieces? I disagree. If you look at a lot of our goals from last season, there were quite a lot of them scored from corners and free-kicks. I'm thinking Peterborough away, Charlton away (the first goal), the Barnes goal against Dagenham was from a corner. Set-pieces are crucial in games, they are won and lost in the 18 year boxes.

I'm not a fan of the long throw, but it serves a purpose.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Gus saw him as a player good enough to play for Slade but not the requirement for an ambitious team.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ha ha. Told me he was just at the Albion for a year or two until he moved on to a bigger club back up North! Billy Big Boots indeed!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If the Argus says it must be true, Andy Naylor has played the game to what level? He is just a journalist.

What stats don't pick up is second phase possession. Feel free to post stats relating to how many times he was out of position!

Thankfully under Gus we are less reliant on set plays.

P.S. 2nd phase usually consisted of the opposition charging down the pitch, with elphick and whing frantically tracking back attempting to cover for an out of position JT. Hense why we ditched it towards the end under Slade.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
P.S. 2nd phase usually consisted of the opposition charging down the pitch, with elphick and whing frantically tracking back attempting to cover for an out of position JT. Hense why we ditched it towards the end under Slade.

That is why you have midfield player drop off and cover, whenyour CBs move up (positions for a long throw, should replicate a corner). Defensively we were so poor under Slade, it was untrue - I could never decide if it was the players ability or the coaching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here