Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunni Back

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His loan spell at MKDons is over so back at the Albion.
Missed MK's last 3 games through illness but seems to have done ok and been well recieved by the fans.
Will he now get a chance before the season ends and if so will it spell the end for Virgs?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It worries me that Elphick continues to make more (and more costly) mistakes than anyone in the side but as he seems now to be our unofficial vice-captain and press spokesman I can't see he will be dropped.

Virgo and Tunnicliffe in at Gillingham with el Abd reverting to left back would send a powerful message to the under-performers but I don't think it will happen

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Tunni has tremendous potential but unless he has learnt very quick at MK Dons I would not expect him to start a game again this season although he will probably make the bench.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Look at the goals MK conceded with him in the side and you may have you answer....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even taking into account the view of some on here as regards Elphicks performance on Saturday I would still sooner have him in the side than Tunnicliffe at the moment. That is not to say that I would have the same opinion in August aftera preseasons training.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can't really see Tunni getting a place at the moment. I think he got away with quite a bit earlier in the season when he was as bad as most of our defenders. Considering how well Virgo was playing before his suspension, he clearly has to be the next choice centre back.

Will be interested to see how he does next season. He maybe has potential but then I suspect almost every club has defenders who they believe to have potential, whether he will be good enough to break into a defence (hopefully) challenging at the top of the division is open to debate. I have to say I have my doubts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Even taking into account the view of some on here as regards Elphicks performance on Saturday I would still sooner have him in the side than Tunnicliffe at the moment. That is not to say that I would have the same opinion in August aftera preseasons training.

Elphick showed classic examples of his 2 biggest failings on Saturday:

1. Very poor distribution of the ball, either a 60 yard hoof, or a nervous short pass, either back to El-Abd or accidentally to the opposition.

2. Leaning on the striker to make a header... he does this an awful lot in some matches... if the ref sees it, he could give away a lot of free kicks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here