Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunisia? Egypt?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don't forget this will be QFs onwards in the World Cup, so pick somewhere with a good English bar, or you'll end up watching it with hundreds of Germans. (Seeing as every destination in the world is always full of Germans).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Went to Tunisia a few years ago: enjoyed it, but as others have pointed out it's not easy to get a beer there when you're out and about (all tourist hotels will serve it though).

There are some great sights to see - the camel ride in the Sahara was one of the best experiences of my life.

Although I enjoyed myself, I feel like I've done it once and am in no hurry to go back again.

It was better than Morocco though - that's a shitehole.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Went to egypt earlier this year - went to luxor first. Stayed in a lovely but expensive hotel (even the bottled water was a rip off) and the weather was boiling. However, Luxor was a hassle as everytime you step onto the street you are surrounded by stacks of persistant hawkers. The food was crap as well.
Cairo in comparison was good fun - you can't go to egypt without fitting in the pyramids, museum etc. You get a lot less hassle, the taxis charge very cheap fares and the food is much better.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Gwylan said:
Went to Tunisia a few years ago: enjoyed it, but as others have pointed out it's not easy to get a beer there when you're out and about (all tourist hotels will serve it though).

There are some great sights to see - the camel ride in the Sahara was one of the best experiences of my life.

Although I enjoyed myself, I feel like I've done it once and am in no hurry to go back again.

IF you include the previously mentioned El Jem in to that you have summed it up perfectly for me. Was ok but doubt I would verer go back. Probably did not help me getting arrested in Algeria on the way back as they thought I was an Asylum seeker:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: f***ing Algerian Police:censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There are some interesting pictures being painted here...most seem to fall into the "OK but wouldn't go back" category.

Bollards! May have to re-think now. The NSC travel advisory bureau comes up trumps again :thumbsup:

Fully inclusive Cuba is suddenly looking good:smokin:

Last edited:

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Bwian said:
There are some interesting pictures being painted here...most seem to fall into the "OK but wouldn't go back" category.

Bollards! May have to re-think now. The NSC travel advisory bureau comes up trumps again :thumbsup:

Bwian

Don't dismiss Tunisia because of what they say on here, as I say I've been a few times and I would go back today if I got the chance. It just isn't you Costa Del Sol, but a truly nice place

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Voroshilov said:
Bollocks does it. This is a muslim country with it's own wine industry and it's own local spirit (which admitedly is foul).

The tourist areas around Sousse have fantastic beaches, in June your guaranteed good weather.

Theres plenty to see, El Jem the Roman Colisseum is better than the one in Rome, you can get into the desert and around Tunis there's loads to see ( Carthage, Sidi Bou Said, the Bardo museum)

And it's all pretty cheap.

agree 100%

el djem in particularly is amazing

Bwian said:

Don't do inclusive Cuba, if you want that go to somewhere else where, Fruit isn't a luxery etc.

Do real Cuba or not at all. And you will love it or be a sheep with a yellow band on your wrist and only meet Members of the Cuban Communist Party.

LC

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to Sharm El Sheik last June.

Snorkelling was fantastic. Hotel was very nice (5 Egyptian Star). Good value for money. Buying stuff in town was cheap - you were still expected to haggle!

The only downside was that I was on the loo for half the holiday. Something that hasn't happened to me for about 25 years on holiday. Half the hotel was affected. For info the hotel was the Hotel Pyramisia (it may just have been that hotel). Immodium, Diareze etc had no affect!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I had a beautiful, brilliant time in Sharm and Cairo last year. And (contrary to what some gobshite has written on this thread) the locals are very funny and hugely welcoming - their device to deal with the Brits for the last 200 years seems to be to develop a very British form of sarcasm. Every day, the same waiter ripped the piss out of how much breakfast I was consuming, for example. Then he complained even more loudly when, with an upset tummy, I hardly ate anything.

So it was great. Apart from the gastroenteritis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here