Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuna AND cheese

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Tuna and cheese is one of nature's most OBVIOUS combos.

Tuna and cheese jacket
Tuna and cheese melt/toastie
Tuna and cheese pasta bake
Tin of tuna and a wedge of cheese - eat with fork

ALL WINNERS

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe the heresy on this thread. Tuna and cheese melts are the hot lunch snacks of the Gods.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Tuna mayo and grated cheese baguette is my favorite sandwich filling at the moment. Great combination.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
get a bit of red onion and some diced chilli in there too. superb.

Ooh..controversial.....a tuna melt with an asian twist....i'll get my chef to knock one up forthwith!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Tuna and cheeze is great. A good strong cheddar works well, but I'm also in favour of mozzarella.

Try it with thinly sliced Emmental cheese...works a treat!

PS. This is a much better thread than any transfer rumour!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Ooh..controversial.....a tuna melt with an asian twist....i'll get my chef to knock one up forthwith!

Occasionally I'll also throw in a few kidney beans and call it a mexican tuna melt put a sprig of fresh coriander on top if you want to dress it up.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Occasionally I'll also throw in a few kidney beans and call it a mexican tuna melt put a sprig of fresh coriander on top if you want to dress it up.

Maybe with sour cream instead of mayo? worth a try!

God i'm hungry now!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
You have NEVER heard of a tuna melt before ???
My thoughts exactly. It's a fairly standard sandwich/toastie/baguette/panini/bagel filling. And a pretty tasty one, too.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Maybe with sour cream instead of mayo? worth a try!

God i'm hungry now!

Think I'd stick with mayo. Neither mayo nor sour cream are mexican though so maybe mix it all up. I need to go and buy some tuna

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup, tuna and grated cheese sarnies on wholemeal is a regular resident of my workplace lunchbox. However, I like my tuna totally un-mayo'd. I just mix it up with a bit of vinegar and ground black pepper.

Putting the cheese to one side for the time being, anyone who introduces cucumber into the equation is a complete wrong-un. Cucumber is an ABHORRANCE which ruins EVERYTHING it comes into contact with. Its the most rancid veg there is. I would rather put a semi-dried TURD in my sandwich than a slice of the c-word.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tuna with cheese and mashed potato hot is better than without the cheese.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Just been to the local deli and the lady in front of me was ordering a grilled wrap filled with tuna AND cheese. A few days ago a saw a different lady purchase a similarly filled jacket potato.

Now I like tuna and I like cheese, but surely this is an abomination?

Thoughts?

I'm amazed you've never heard of a tuna melt. It is quite a popular sandwich filler. Added with some onion, it's lovely!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Melted or not, Tuna and Cheese is an amazing combo.

Best way i find is a couple of slices of a decent Tiger bread loaf (Sainsburys do a half decent one) with a tuna and mayo spread (HAS to be home made, by that i mean buy tuna and mayo separate and mix it. I am not suggesting you have to breed tuna to make this work) and a couple of slices of full fat Leerdammer.

This will make you 'sandwich perfection'

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup, tuna and grated cheese sarnies on wholemeal is a regular resident of my workplace lunchbox. However, I like my tuna totally un-mayo'd. I just mix it up with a bit of vinegar and ground black pepper.

Putting the cheese to one side for the time being, anyone who introduces cucumber into the equation is a complete wrong-un. Cucumber is an ABHORRANCE which ruins EVERYTHING it comes into contact with. Its the most rancid veg there is. I would rather put a semi-dried TURD in my sandwich than a slice of the c-word.

Replace the c-word with the m-word and I agree with you 100%. Mushrooms are simply wrong on ALL levels.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've honestly never heard of a tuna melt and I can't understand why you'd want hot tinned tuna or hot mayonnaise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here