Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday and Wednesday matches

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Who do you want to win the midweek matches?

The teams I want to win are in Bold

22 February 2005
Cardiff v Millwall
Crewe v Reading
Gillingham v West Ham
Ipswich v Watford
Plymouth v Sheff Utd
QPR v Wolverhampton
Stoke v Leicester
Sunderland v Rotherham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 February 2005
Coventry v Wigan
Derby v Burnley
Nottm Forest v Preston

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Gillingham and Plymouth to lose is all I really want.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Has to be - although I'd rather Millwall didn't warm up for us with a win against Cardiff. Let's not get them too confident.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Rangdo said:
Gillingham and Plymouth to lose is all I really want.

And Reading....Also, Millwall winning won't be such a bad thing.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bwian said:
And Reading....Also, Millwall winning won't be such a bad thing.

Yeah, would be nice to see Reading lose but from a practical point of view 3rd bottom is the only real concern for me.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Let us worry about winning three more games and then we won't have to care anymore !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't worry be happy.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
what i reckon

Cardiff v Millwall - Draw
Crewe v Reading - Reading
Gillingham v West Ham- West Ham
Ipswich v Watford - Ipswich
Plymouth v Sheff Utd- Sheff Utd
QPR v Wolverhampton -QPR
Stoke v Leicester- Leicester
Sunderland v Rotherham - Sunderland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 February 2005
Coventry v Wigan -Wigan
Derby v Burnley -Derby
Nottm Forest v Preston -Preston

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
e77 said:
Let us worry about winning three more games and then we won't have to care anymore !

It's pointless worrying about a points target unless that target makes it mathematically impossible for other teams to catch us. The 3 wins is only McGhee's opinion. It doesn't guarantee we won't get relegated. On the other hand we could not win another game and still not get relegated.
My only concern is that we get more points than 3rd bottom, regardless of how many more wins we get. Therefore it is equally important to watch what happens to the teams below us.

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
e77 said:

Have to agree. My mate was saying today that we are only where we are because we have played more games. I pointed out thought that we might have played more games but we have the points on the board. Something those teams with games in hand have not got.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Rangdo said:
It's pointless worrying about a points target unless that target makes it mathematically impossible for other teams to catch us. The 3 wins is only McGhee's opinion. It doesn't guarantee we won't get relegated. On the other hand we could not win another game and still not get relegated.
My only concern is that we get more points than 3rd bottom, regardless of how many more wins we get. Therefore it is equally important to watch what happens to the teams below us.

Though i understand what you are saying, it is not just Mcghee's opinion it is also the opinion of history. 50 points is normally enough to keep you up.

Dr Breakfast

Feb 13, 2005
Sussex innit
Can I remind people that it's in our hands. We don't actually need to rely on other results going our way. We're the team in 15th place. Now admittedly if all the teams with games in hand over us took maximum points we wouldn't be so high, but we would still be clear of the relegation zone and as such it is down to us to keep clear. It's BHA that can f*** this up, not other teams f***ing it up for them.

Keep the faith lads, we've had our last blip of the season, and the home run-in is gonna be great

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Logic dictates that other results are just as important as ours. If we win, and everyone else wins, it's actually worse than if we draw, and everyone else loses. The games this week are just as important to our survival as Saturday's game vs Millwall.

larus

Wardywonderland said:
Have to agree. My mate was saying today that we are only where we are because we have played more games. I pointed out thought that we might have played more games but we have the points on the board. Something those teams with games in hand have not got.

That's very true.

Also, if the teams below us have to play each other, then only one of them can get the three points.

I'm happy with our return of 5 points from out last 5 games. Could have been worse
Sunderland (H)
Cardiff (A)
Derby (H)
Leeds (A)
Notts Forest (H)

Before we started these five games, we would not have really been expecting anything from Derby nor Sunderland. Leeds were improving and Cardiff is still a tough place to go. OK, Forest was a disappointment, but at least we didn't lose to them.

I would rather be on 41 points after 34 games, than 36 after 29.

After the midweek games, it could look even brighter.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What chance of unoifficially celebrating on the Terrace at Plymouth !

Next 3 games

Millwall H
Stoke A
Plymouth A

I would take 4 pts out of these but have a sneaking feeling we may get 6

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think it'll be at Coventry. We can sing 'Cheer up Micky Adams' after we get the points and send them closer to the drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here