Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday 3 pts are vital

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that if we get 3 points on Tuesday we shall go on and get promtion by piling on the pressure on other teams in the chase, none of which appear to want to take over. To get beat is unthinkable.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not unthinkable given the games in hand and lack of one consistent challenger. 3 points would be very welcome though and would put the pressure on as you say

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So losing would write us out of the promotion race? Get real.

It would be great to get 3 points. Hopefully we will. Vital it is not. It's a long season and we'll have much more important games to come. We're doing very well to be top but we will have bad runs and slip ups. As will everyone else.

Let's not put too much pressure on the lads!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Points in hand are better than games in hand so we need 3 points and I am sure that Gus will get this message across to the players and we will see an improved performance. As we have the challengers all to play at home if we win all of our home games we will get promoted bar some awful away results.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Why do you think that we'll get promoted if we win on Tuesday? We're not going to win every game from now to the end of the season and we will occasionally get beaten unexpectedly, like Hartlepool and yesterday. It's too early on to say that.

A win on Tuesday would be great but it's not a vital game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it will be a good phsycological boost to the players after Saturdays disappointment and that it will trigger another unbeaten run.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think the mark of Champions is following up a disappointment, with a win at home.

But it's not vital, just would be very welcome. I would like to see Dicker restored to the starting line up, give Bridcutt a little rest for saturday.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why would you think about Tarrico? I wouldn't bring Kishishev back before Dicker, I don't really see the point.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
pointless thread =/ every game is really must win

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Three points against Colchester would be great. It's not the end of the world, though...........they don't lose away from home any more than we do

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
every game we play is vital. 3 points would be a huge resulty in my opinion though.gets ome daylight would add pressure to the chasing pack.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would you think about Tarrico? I wouldn't bring Kishishev back before Dicker, I don't really see the point.
I would consider Tarrico because I think that Calderon was very poor on Saturday and think Tarrico would do better. As regards Kishishev who I consider does the same job as Bridcutt if as you advocate dropping you are then replacing 1 player for a similar type of player as opposed to Dicker who does not do the same job as either of them.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
every game we play is vital. 3 points would be a huge result in my opinion though.gets some daylight would add pressure to the chasing pack.

pretty much sums up my thoughts too Marshy. not vital and a point no disaster but of course a win would be excellent

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every game is vital.
I would not argue with that but my logic is that if we lose Tuesday and with a cup game that we are not expected to win coming up, it could set a pattern that will be difficult for us to pull out of for a few games. If we win the opposite will happen I think, and we will go on a winning run again in the league, just an opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here