Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube strike

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
See there is going to be another tube strike.. 40k a yr, 8 weeks holiday ..whats up now ?? apparently its to do with job cuts, working hrs etc.. im sorry but just get on with it..theres a long waiting list of people wanting to become tube/train drivers who im sure would be very grateful of just getting on and doing the job.. there s 2 million people approx out of work and the majority would love a decent well paid job.. !!!:shrug:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
See there is going to be another tube strike.. 40k a yr, 8 weeks holiday ..whats up now ?? apparently its to do with job cuts, working hrs etc.. im sorry but just get on with it..theres a long waiting list of people wanting to become tube/train drivers who im sure would be very grateful of just getting on and doing the job.. there s 2 million people approx out of work and the majority would love a decent well paid job.. !!!:shrug:

So its to do with job cuts. So people wanting to fight to save their jobs is wrong then

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just because people are well paid in a job it does'nt mean they have to put up with everything the managment throw at them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Unfortunately union leaders have to justify thier decent VERY well paid jobs so the odd strike here and there are part and parcel of the railway industry.
Btw being a train driver isnt all fun and holidays,we have been told to unscrew thier teacup holders and ashtrays bless em

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
All I have to say its get on with you f***ing pricks :)

YouTube - Adam Kay Suman Biswas - London underground

(btw if anyone knows how to put a youtube video on here be much appreciated :))

Thing is, the people who make these songs probably don't even live in London.

I don't think the staff on the tube are doing a bad job really, I mean they didn't agree to have the stupid PPP deal forced on them and I think they generally do their best in fairly difficult conditions.

I also have had very few journeys where I have experienced major delays because of the tube and I use it practically everyday and have done for a couple of years now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£40k a year isn't much considering the cost of living in the smoke. After stoppages for tax and NI all thats left will just cover the mortgage and bills.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I fully support all tube strikes. In fact I think they should strike more. I get to *cough* work at home *ahem*

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£40k a year isn't much considering the cost of living in the smoke. After stoppages for tax and NI all thats left will just cover the mortgage and bills.

eh? ballpark 28k after taking off 20% tax and 10%NI. or £2300 a month. dont know how much you think a mortage costs (out of central London) but that leaves alot of spending money. its a good living.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
eh? ballpark 28k after taking off 20% tax and 10%NI. or £2300 a month. dont know how much you think a mortage costs (out of central London) but that leaves alot of spending money. its a good living.

i agree ..anyway one my mates who not seen for a while is tube driver..said you earn yer money...so much training etc involved .once .he was working with someone who done job for 6 yrs ..then had a jumper .(.suicide} and had to give up as could nt cope after that..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here