Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tube riders for kings cross on sat

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Victoria line is closed on sat making it 30 minute journey to KC from Victoria mainline, no slouching :kiss:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
2 options for Saturday - get a train to London Bridge and then underground or get the bus from outside victoria station. I have got the bus a few times and it does not take much longer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There are 4 trains an hour direct from Brighton to London Bridge. Even the Victoria's have a connection at East Croydon for London Bridge.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Then im happy ive given myself an hour to cross London, this wasnt there when i booked my train tickets.

Annoying as im booked onto trains to and from Victoria.

EDIT - TFL journey planner says Circle/District line to South Kensington, then Piccadilly Line to Kings cross - takes 25 minutes, or the 38 bus to Green Park, then Piccadilly Line to Kings cross

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
38 Bus from Victoria bus station outside the front is beat option

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
There are more than 2 :rolleyes: options.
Cab - OK not cheap
Bus
Other Tubes
Boris-Bike!
Walk - doable in less than an hour and free!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yep other tubes (assuming they are running)... Circle or District to literally any station that has a different tube route, most of them go through Kings X

Alternatively everyone is invited to mine on Friday night and you can walk to Kings X!!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Out of interest any one else on the 11.02 from Kings Cross? Was the train with best deal when we booked. Hope weather is ok if it's a 40 minute walk from station to ground???

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm on the 11:35 but walking to the stadium, takes about 25-30 according to footballgroundguide.com

And yet away supporters complain about the wait at Falmer? Rather wait 30 mins than walk for 30 mins! Brizzle... f***ing miles from the station, Coventry... had to get a taxi, had no idea where I was going with no buses from the station... Liverpool, miles from the station, etc. etc., think some away fans should get perspective.

Isn't the best option going to city Thameslink?

First Capital Connect services have been terminating at Herne Hill and London Bridge on Saturdays for quite a while now. There are no through services to North london.

Just saw Hawk's post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here