Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Truth or bullshit

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Lots of rumours flying around that Mark Mcghee had at least 3 players that were going to sign on deadline day.But Dick Knight would not take Mcghee calls.This must be bullshit

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
vulture said:
Well it came form Ernest and Harty :lolol: :lolol:

Harty I wouldn't be quite so sure about but Ernest ???? Pullessee !!! :lolol: :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it didnt come from harty...it was someone on here...

i will try and find the link

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
it didnt come from harty...it was someone on here...

i will try and find the link

I think Harty was talking about it on the phone in

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he was referring to the "rumour"

still trying to find it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BINGO

oapdodge

Did anyone else hear ?
That on the transfer deadline afternoon Mr McGhee was trying to sign a player and NO one could get through to Dick Knights phone. Was it turned off on purpose ?

I think that is what harty was alluding to.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Does this matter one bit? If DK knew the game was about to be up for MM, he was RIGHT for him not to sign anyone. Don't tell me SCR is STILL being use by some uberfans to muckrake about Dick Knight. :nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
Does this matter one bit? If DK knew the game was about to be up for MM, he was RIGHT for him not to sign anyone. Don't tell me SCR is STILL being use by some uberfans to muckrake about Dick Knight. :nono:

No idea.

There is no vetting of callers apart from asking people what they are going to waffle on about...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sacking the manger seems a bit of an extreme way of keeping the money available spin alive :jester:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you are about to relieve someone of their position, based on the fact that you doubt their judgement and feel that their performance falls short of what was required, what would the sense be in allowing that person to make some pretty major decisions affecting your organisation immediately before they are about to leave. My feeling is absolutely none at all, if DK did do what was alleged then it was probably a good call...or not!

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
wouldnt be the first time DK has been 'unavailable'. steve coppell wanted to speak to him and ended up going to reading.

1066gull

Harty said:
Well recalled Woodster
With all these rumours coming out, it ever more sounds like there is something Dick Knight is trying to hide the truth about something

I always pictured Knight as a saviour, but it sounds as if he ain't anymore and his reputation could potentially be damaged?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Adriodinho said:

I always pictured Knight as a saviour, but it sounds as if he ain't anymore and his reputation could potentially be damaged?

He will allways be a savior though Ade. If it wasnt for him there would be no BHAFC. End of.

Last edited:

1066gull

Can't be bothered to edit my post, by I want to comment a bit on Ferret's quote yesterday on SCR.

He asked us, 'Do we have a problem of not finishing as a mid table side?'

I think the answer to that is no, but there is something else that just does not seem right at this club. The activities and preparation of this club have detrioted, and we can prove this with the unsuccessful attempt in bringing in a decent side for Kerry Mayo's testimonial. Let alone the poor selection of friendlies by the board and management team.

We had the dodgy signings of Turienzo and Molango, and questions are raised whether if it was McGhee himself who wanted to sign these players. If he didn't, why did they come to the club?

For me, something does not feel comfortable with this club. There seems to be something wrong in the inside which we don't know about.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
woodster said:
wouldnt be the first time DK has been 'unavailable'. steve coppell wanted to speak to him and ended up going to reading.

Never a truer word spoken as Coppell was quite happy to see his contract out here and DK made no effort to keep him,all he was interested in was the Compensation.

And that is a FACT!!

So all you people on here who slag off Coppell need to know where his loyalties were at the time and what DK is really interested in,is it Money or Ambition ??

I appreciate what DK has done for this Club but I think deep down he has now become to self centered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here