Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trust

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well with all the business that has happened in the last few weeks and three nay four of our supposed trusted people in Westminster all with their snouts in the trough.
who now will you trust??????????

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well with all the business that has happened in the last few weeks and three nay four of our supposed trusted people in Westminster all with their snouts in the trough.
who now will you trust ALLEGEDLY ??????????

altered ...........just in case

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I trust Mrs Crodo, and the landlord of the Pilot Boat Inn, problem with a small town like Lyme is rumours can spread like wildfire, as I have found out in the past to my cost.

:nono:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
bought this back to see if anyone can come up with any more decent posts

for me I am beginning to think I trust no one other than those really close to me

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
with all the debate going on today
Trust in hospitals anyone?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
There are very few people I trust...

My wife and my close family such as my parents.

Most of my close friends including @jamtheman...

some of my close friends I don't trust as I know they will talk behind mine and others back. I guess a bit strange really but as people we gravitate toward different individuals even though at times they do things we don't agree with.

I certainly would never trust anyone in my office who I work with!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is this the most bounced thread ever?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is this the most bounced thread ever?

probably because every time I watch the news there is one more occupation that has become untrustworthy the list is now so long.
and most of these people when I was younger had the respect of the general public now they either cannot be bothered to do their job properly or they are incapable of doing the job they are paid to do.
the one thing these people are good at is shifting the blame onto others

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
As an introvert who likes to stay private, i Completely trust my partner, which after my previous marriage i am still astonished about (very painful break up). My boss and a couple of mates at work also, although I am a private person so they do not get much of an insight as I keep myself to myself not because of trust but because I am more comfortable listening to them. Beyond that trust revolves around the type information I am discussing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Neville Lawence
had TRUST in the police running the case of the murder of his son, has now had that TRUST crushed and bought him to tears
21 years it took them to decide to have a judge run inquiry.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Trust your instincts.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When Victor Chandler (Snr) was a young lad his dad put him on top of a six foot wall and told Victor to jump off and he'd catch him. The little lad was nervous but jumped, as he did so his father stepped away and let him fall on the ground. Distraught, the boy asked why didn't he catch him....his father replied....Son in this life, you trust nobody.

True story that, Old Vic was a friend of my dad.

:)

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
I trust my Mum and Dad with my life ,The rest could let you down .When someone brings you into this world they never let you go.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Neville Lawence
had TRUST in the police running the case of the murder of his son, has now had that TRUST crushed and bought him to tears
21 years it took them to decide to have a judge run inquiry.

There has been a serious decline in trust in many societies over the past few decades. This has been most pervasive in those societies that have embraced individualism and neoliberalism, and that are increasingly unequal. The Lawrence case is despicable, but not surprising. The police's role in society becomes more and more questionable: look at the way they took to beating up the miners, for instance; look at the way they've treated protesters, particularly non-violent ones; look at the numbers of deaths in prisons, particularly of black people.
The reason why the police have been able to get away with it is because too many have invested too much trust in them. There's too much of an enclosed mentality within them, they're too protective of each other, few speak out against or will incriminate another. For too much of the time, they're self-serving or institutional-serving, rather than serving the public, which is their remit and responsibility. There needs to be a more critical culture within the organisation. On this note, I was really encouraged to hear the new figure on Channel 4 News who has been brought in to deal with incidences of rape in the police.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just a small story, really not that important to most.
we had our registration plates stolen at the ASDA in Langney, we reported it straight away and went about replacing them.
we had an officer arrive at our door who sat with us for over an hour saying it was probably scrotes from Hastings or some other place and that this sort of thing does not happen in Eastbourne, we thought well OK and waved him goodbye and even got a phone call from one of his officers saying that the case would be left open in case the plates were used for a crime.
some time later our neighbour asked why the officer had come to see us as she had seen him a few months before as her registration plates had been stolen from her car in her driveway not once but twice.
now he was either very stupid,forgetful both of which I doubt, so he sat in our house and lied to us.
so if anyone can come up with an explanation as to why this has happened I would be glad to know
only thing I can think is he thought we never talk to our neighbours or we are very gullible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here