Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Twitter have indicated that POTUS saying he was prepared to exercise his legal powers is bad but the Iranian leader threatening another state is fine. If that's whataboutery, then so be it.
It is classic Whataboutery, because Twitter was founded on 21st March 2006, and the Iranian leader who said that - Ahmadinejad - did so in October 2005.

Not sure how Twitter could react, even with its previous policies.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
It is classic Whataboutery, because Twitter was founded on 21st March 2006, and the Iranian leader who said that - Ahmadinejad - did so in October 2005.

Not sure how Twitter could react, even with its previous policies.

I’m talking about tweets from the current supreme leader posted this month.

EF959ABC-55E5-4965-A8AF-7CEEC3FFE40F.jpeg

7FD02012-F687-47B8-80E9-2C2F5D90A0FB.jpeg

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
You are defending him, saying anything other is contemptible. His tweet is prove enough that he is an imbecile.

I disagree with him on several issues, but don’t suffer from Trump derangement syndrome. Just as well as he’ll be POTUS for another four and a half years.

But my point stands. The President, whoever it may be, has one power in a situation like this. He can declare martial law. That’s it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Ah, so not the quotes about wiping out Israel ( off the map ).

Anyway, I'm sure future Tweets will fall within the new guidelines.

I think the inference of his references to Zionism is pretty clear. He wants Israel gone. But you could well be right on the second point. We shall see.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Just seems to have crept in over the last couple of decades so you could be right. I know both are accepted as correct and that the US kept the old English spellings whilst we changed but the same applies to color and favor, for example and we don't see them used over here.

Also grates on me too! When using text in any docs I produce, first activity is to tinf and replace all instances of the letter z.....grrrrr :annoyed:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I disagree with him on several issues, but don’t suffer from Trump derangement syndrome. Just as well as he’ll be POTUS for another four and a half years.

But my point stands. The President, whoever it may be, has one power in a situation like this. He can declare martial law. That’s it.

A question for you.

Was trumps previous tweet regards the riots acceptable behaviour for POTUS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Interesting Trump is using ‘when the looting starts the shooting starts’ first used by a white racist police chief in the sixties. Another dog whistle by Trump to his base. He knows exactly what he’s doing, playbook from 60’s America where the authorities response is the same as today from the White House. No doubt he will see it as a badge of honour.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
He didn't condone the armed people in the federal building. Those lockdown protests were a very different thing: people on the pavement with placards, etc.

As for the second point, we'll have to see if it ever happens. But there's a world of difference between a peaceful protest in a building and this.

[tweet]1266256579273166851[/tweet]

So you think he supports peaceful protests, like the placard waving lockdown white folk.
I wonder what Colin Kaepernick would have to say about that?
Sorry, but Trump is a racist hypocrite, pure and simple.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
There's ways to act as President without LITERALLY SUPPORTING GUNNING PEOPLE DOWN.

I honestly never thought i'd have to explain that.

His beahviour as President is much discussed, and not to many people's liking, especially in the UK. However, when you have a public order situation, like we had with the riots in the UK a few years ago, the imperative is to get it back under control as soon as possible. To allow violence and looting to continue will help no one, and only make divisions and hatred worse.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
His beahviour as President is much discussed, and not to many people's liking, especially in the UK. However, when you have a public order situation, like we had with the riots in the UK a few years ago, the imperative is to get it back under control as soon as possible. To allow violence and looting to continue will help no one, and only make divisions and hatred worse.

So your answer is to meet it with violence?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
So your answer is to meet it with violence?

I am sorry, and I am not trying to upset you, but yes there is an element of physical engagement when the instruments of the state have to regain control of violent disorder. That physical engagement, of course, has to be legal, disciplned and not abused. But I am not sure what other way there is?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Josef Goebles couldn’t have put it any better ( Beria might though) just after the burning of the reichstag .

Trump will not actually do anything other than pour fuel onto the fire because he’s complete useless.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In my opinion yes. Had Bush, Clinton, or Obama tweeted such things, I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

academic of course, they were all more mature than to make such a high handed, incendiary comment.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Are you comparing my words or Trump's to those of Goebles?

You came out with the type wording that goebells was fond of using after the burning of the reichstag.
Now it may well be that wasn’t your intention (I would be surprised and disappointed if it was) but on first reading that was how it came across.

I’m not sure trump even knows who the poison dwarf was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here