Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Which tie tonight?

I'm going lilac and pale blue diagonal stripes and the same suit he always wears.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kinky is right.

I'll hazard a guess most of us are viewing the actions on these predominately white middle aged American's through the prism of our own lens.

We get furloughed.
They get sacked.
We get a 80/90% wage promise.
They get unemployment benefit.
We get the NHS
They just lost their health insurance.
We get a fairly united voice across the media
They get entry level vitriol, from all sides.
We get a bumbling oaf who becomes camera shy.
They don't get so lucky.

Again all my own subjective work but American's just don't seem to do 'one nation' thinking, unless their anthem is playing.
I'm not seeing much, right now, behind The Star Spangled Banner and a flag fluttering in the wind, that would have me clutching my chest and welling up.

It's every man for himself, survival of the fittest.

They continue to vote this way and therefore who’s to blame other than themselves?

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Kinky is right.

I'll hazard a guess most of us are viewing the actions on these predominately white middle aged American's through the prism of our own lens.

We get furloughed.
They get sacked.
We get a 80/90% wage promise.
They get unemployment benefit.
We get the NHS
They just lost their health insurance.
We get a fairly united voice across the media
They get entry level vitriol, from all sides.
We get a bumbling oaf who becomes camera shy.
They don't get so lucky.

Again all my own subjective work but American's just don't seem to do 'one nation' thinking, unless their anthem is playing.
I'm not seeing much, right now, behind The Star Spangled Banner and a flag fluttering in the wind, that would have me clutching my chest and welling up.

It's every man for himself, survival of the fittest.
I think you’re 100% right.
I lived there for 12 months, and I always found they placed a much greater emphasis on individual rights than they did on civic responsibility.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently the US is still in " Containment Mode" …. IE, 30,000 new cases a day

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The press conference has started. Led by an Amish version of Captain Birdseye (CDC director, discussing a Washington Post quote on Tuesday about next winter).

He’s just signed his own P45.

:lolol:

"Honey, I'm home early..."

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think you’re 100% right.
I lived there for 12 months, and I always found they placed a much greater emphasis on individual rights than they did on civic responsibility.

But then all you hear is 'God bless America' and flag waving/national anthem singing that goes way, way beyond any other country on earth. Such a schizophrenic, fvcked up place

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
These press conferences are always fun…. when handing over the podium to an expert , in the background Trump sways left to right like a Thunderbirds puppet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good start :facepalm:

That didn’t go to plan. A scared (of Trump) CDC boss, hung out to dry, for telling the truth to a newspaper.

Not sure we’ll see him ever again.

In general, Trump should let the scientists talk about the virus itself, as they do in Downing Street daily conferences. Comes across as an idiot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How many bullet-proof vests is Mike wearing under his jacket today?

At least a couple, or,
he has upped his doughnut intake radically !

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What the **** is he talking about tonight? :facepalm:
"So Mr President, tonight we'll discuss testing and how we've done well with producing ventilators...."

"It's fine, I've definitely and most probably got this tremendously. It's beautiful and certainly, terrific if indeed there are possibly issues. Issues that I frankly know and can terrifically discuss and also say things about and.... fake news"

"No, we need you to talk about the ventilators and the testing sir and...."

"You're fired"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here