Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven't checked my figures but the UK has provided £2 billion and US 40 billion. We're small fry.
We gave more than £2 billion to rich tory donors as Covid help.
Will Russia's attack end by Ukraine retaining all it's territory.

Should Putin have been allowed to wage illegal war, murder, commit atrocities and appropriate land from a peaceful sovereign state?

Any nation with morals should oppose Putin and back Ukraine every step of the way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not only do you not understand grammar, you can't stick on the point. Putin has taken what isn't his, and the liar hasn't been able to do anything about it, beyond facilitating the oligarchs takeover of Mayfair, meeting ex-KGB officers off-the-record while Foreign Secretary, delivering Brexit for the (oxymoronic) Nationalists International for Putin and Bannon. I could go on.
I'd imagine you'd regard these all to be distinct.

Ukraine have been full of praise for the UK’s immediate and total response.

Russian’s laundering money in London for the last 25 years under Labour and Tory governments had no bearing on the relentless murderous drive of evil Putin to tick off free nations to invade, folk to murder. He’s on a par with Hitler.

Bizarrely, ‘strong man Putin’ had admirers from the left and right, notably Trump, ironically also from the crowd that hate all things American. Some still do.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Should Putin have been allowed to wage illegal war, murder, commit atrocities and appropriate land from a peaceful sovereign state?

Any nation with morals should oppose Putin and back Ukraine every step of the way.

Exactly how I see it. Unfortunately not the Tory Putin bumsucking sycophants that have been taking ill gained roubles from Putin's oligarchs for influence and even seats in the House of Lords. Boris and Lebedev.
Don't believe the Boris hype. How many Ukranians have we helped compared to the EU?

I add that Jeremy never was and never will be in power. Neither was Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden's son.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly how I see it. Unfortunately not the Tory Putin bumsucking sycophants that have been taking ill gained roubles from Putin's oligarchs for influence and even seats in the House of Lords. Boris and Lebedev.
Don't believe the Boris hype. How many Ukranians have we helped compared to the EU?

I add that Jeremy never was and never will be in power. Neither was Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden's son.

I wasn’t going by Boris hype.

Ukraine’s president has praised our response from day one. Some western nations were slow, trying and failing to keep on board with Putin.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not only do you not understand grammar, you can't stick on the point. Putin has taken what isn't his, and the liar hasn't been able to do anything about it, beyond facilitating the oligarchs takeover of Mayfair, meeting ex-KGB officers off-the-record while Foreign Secretary, delivering Brexit for the (oxymoronic) Nationalists International for Putin and Bannon. I could go on.
I'd imagine you'd regard these all to be distinct.

Why are you mixing up the ineptitude of our current leaders with the ability of Corbyn to be PM? I believe, with good reason, Corbyn would not have been as good a leader as our awful PM. Don't see criticism of Corbyn as validation of the Tories.

And not quite sure why you are banging on about grammar, there's no need to be rude.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Some posters on here cannot get past 'everything the Tories do is evil' and it removes any chance of objectivity. As [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] states, Zelensky has been full of praise for Boris unlike some of the critical comments he has had for Macron and Scholz. The British army has been training Ukraine's since the Crimea invasion for the possibility that Putin would invade further regions, so we've been in it for the long haul. However 'bad' a PM Johnson has been, it must rankle to the politically biased, that he has done very well in this case. I will not vote Conservative at the next election, but why should hatred of a party cause me to lose reason and judgement?

This aid tracker from the Kiel Institute, shows us as the top givers excepting Poland and the Baltics, equal to the USA. It represents military, financial and humanitarian aid. Perhaps the EU should step up and do more?

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-against-ukraine/ukraine-support-tracker/

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Some posters on here cannot get past 'everything the Tories do is evil' and it removes any chance of objectivity. As [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] states, Zelensky has been full of praise for Boris unlike some of the critical comments he has had for Macron and Scholz. The British army has been training Ukraine's since the Crimea invasion for the possibility that Putin would invade further regions, so we've been in it for the long haul. However 'bad' a PM Johnson has been, it must rankle to the politically biased, that he has done very well in this case. I will not vote Conservative at the next election, but why should hatred of a party cause me to lose reason and judgement?

This aid tracker from the Kiel Institute, shows us as the top givers excepting Poland and the Baltics, equal to the USA. It represents military, financial and humanitarian aid. Perhaps the EU should step up and do more?

As someone who is, and remains, an ardent Europhile who believes Brexit is the single worst foreign policy disaster in Britain since Gallipoli, who thinks the Tory party is a malign influence on Britain and the current Government the worst for over a century led by a man who I wouldn’t entrust with running a Parish Council never mind the country, I agree with everything in this post.

Supporting Ukraine is incredibly easy, just bung them as many arms as you can manufacture, train their guys how to use them and maybe send in a few special forces for some mischief round the edges. There is no reason why the EU can’t do as much as us and indeed much more, other than petty politicking and concern for their internal electoral hopes (although I will caveat this by saying that Viktor Orban is a real thorn in their side as someone basically on the Kremlin payroll).

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

i'm not getting that, the British army always step up and are the benchmark, the best in the business when it comes military conflict. Why on earth Boris johnson gets the praise i'm not quite on the same page, perhaps you could to the specific thing that he did that no other person would have done where he can be applauded? or is it case of vaccines were all thanks to Johnson, not the NHS and the furlough scheme was genius of Rishi Sunak even though anyone else would have the same and every other country did it?

More than happy to be put in my place here

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/25/mark-zuckerberg-joe-rogan-facebook-suppressed-hunt/

Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook suppressed Hunter Biden laptop story per FBI general request

The founder and CEO of Facebook said on Thursday’s episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience” that the call came shortly before the New York Post reported the computer that shed light on the shady foreign business dealings of the son of now-President Biden.

Mr. Zuckerberg characterized the FBI alert as follows: “Hey, just so you know, like, you should be on high alert … there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election. We have it on notice that, basically, there’s about to be some kind of dump that’s similar to that. So just be vigilant.”

Within days of the since-vindicated blockbuster, a number of Democratic-leaning intelligence officials and analysts publicly declared that the laptop resembled a Russian disinformation dump.

Earlier this week, Sen. Ron Johnson, Wisconsin Republican, told Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz that, according to whistleblowers, FBI officials told agents not to investigate

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/25/mark-zuckerberg-joe-rogan-facebook-suppressed-hunt/

Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook suppressed Hunter Biden laptop story per FBI general request

The founder and CEO of Facebook said on Thursday’s episode of “The Joe Rogan Experience” that the call came shortly before the New York Post reported the computer that shed light on the shady foreign business dealings of the son of now-President Biden.

Mr. Zuckerberg characterized the FBI alert as follows: “Hey, just so you know, like, you should be on high alert … there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election. We have it on notice that, basically, there’s about to be some kind of dump that’s similar to that. So just be vigilant.”

Within days of the since-vindicated blockbuster, a number of Democratic-leaning intelligence officials and analysts publicly declared that the laptop resembled a Russian disinformation dump.

Earlier this week, Sen. Ron Johnson, Wisconsin Republican, told Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz that, according to whistleblowers, FBI officials told agents not to investigate

You run out of tin foil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Rankle - he just went with type and chose whatever would hold the most political credit for himself. I don't remember the UK coming up with any sanctions or stiff political action post 2014 and the annexation of Crimea. We also know how far Russian influence extended into our democracy in 2016 including funding and helping the lies Boris Johnson spread about Brexit and everything else for that matter.

I mean, objectively speaking, if you are still voting for them regardless, I'm not sure you're in a bit of a glass house claiming others don't have objectivity.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Rankle - he just went with type and chose whatever would hold the most political credit for himself. I don't remember the UK coming up with any sanctions or stiff political action post 2014 and the annexation of Crimea. We also know how far Russian influence extended into our democracy in 2016 including funding and helping the lies Boris Johnson spread about Brexit and everything else for that matter.

I mean, objectively speaking, if you are still voting for them regardless, I'm not sure you're in a bit of a glass house claiming others don't have objectivity.

Um, please re read my post. I make my voting intention clear.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yeah, really trustworthy company that Faceb, sorry META. So bad it had to rebrand itself :dunce:

Gotta be honest, I was expecting to hear more about the whole 'Pizzagate' thing by now. I heard that once Trumpo was out of office it would be out in the open and Hillary wouldn't be the only one from the DEMS getting 'locked up'.

It's almost as if it was yet another conspiracy theory...

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, really trustworthy company that Faceb, sorry META. So bad it had to rebrand itself :dunce:

Gotta be honest, I was expecting to hear more about the whole 'Pizzagate' thing by now. I heard that once Trumpo was out of office it would be out in the open and Hillary wouldn't be the only one from the DEMS getting 'locked up'.

It's almost as if it was yet another conspiracy theory...

There are people on this board that bought pizzagate to a certain degree :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Who honestly cares about Hunter Biden and his sodding laptop ? Lol.

I'm more interested in my laptop and I haven't even got one.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Who honestly cares about Hunter Biden and his sodding laptop ? Lol.

Usually people who want to deflect from stories about a certain former President.

I doubt there will be anything interesting in the redacted affidavit used to obtain the Mar a Lago search warrant btw.

Expect more hot air all round.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The reply of a man battling cognitive dissonance.

FFS, He made reference to the Joe Rogan, a guy by his own admission, who admits he is a bit out there.

The fact that you commented just reiterates the problem … unless of course you two are sharing the tin foil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here