Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What a strange post.

He does a lot of investigative research and has contacts to far more informed people yet his opinion isn't worth more than two people who don't have his experience, history and insights?

Did you grow up in an era where investigative journalists didn't exist?

Not sure where you get the idea that his work is simply "opinion". He was part of a Pulitzer Prize for his work with Snowden.

His work with Snowden was the basis for the Academy Award winning Documentary Citizenfour.

You are spectacularly missing the point. I grew up in an era where investigative reporters had their work recognized but were not deified for their opinions on other matters. In this case your man Glen may have done some very good work on Edward Snowden but that does not automatically mean he is someone to listen to on Donald Trump. The video you linked to was just childish sloganizing and won’t win him a Pulitzer Prize. You need to stop being so in thrall to Glen and other prolific you tubers and discuss your own opinions. Glen is not validification, it’s just a pretty video with an annoying soundtrack.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
BLM don't represent regular black people.

I hope you watch this video to see the views of regular people in Harlem v White Liberals that spout the BLM defunding tripe.

:lolol: :lolol: A heavily edited 3 (a whole three!) minute Youtube video that encapsulates "the views of regular people in Harlem v White Liberals that spout the BLM defunding tripe" :lolol:

I never knew Harlem was so small!

Laughable.

That guy's YT channel looks exactly like an online space you'd spend your time TB.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You are spectacularly missing the point. I grew up in an era where investigative reporters had their work recognized but were not deified for their opinions on other matters. In this case your man Glen may have done some very good work on Edward Snowden but that does not automatically mean he is someone to listen to on Donald Trump. The video you linked to was just childish sloganizing and won’t win him a Pulitzer Prize. You need to stop being so in thrall to Glen and other prolific you tubers and discuss your own opinions. Glen is not validification, it’s just a pretty video with an annoying soundtrack.

He's the exact kind of person to listen to on corruption, be that Trump or Biden. Same with Dylan Rattigan, Chris Hedges, Matt Taibbi. All people who don't play the red and blue game.

As for Greenwald he's been print media, digital media, radio, television. So to simply label him a youtuber is disingenuous.

Exactly who are you listening to for your information?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Literally the only thing I think Trump is good at (and it might be someone else coming up with them for him) is his ability to come up with names for his opponents. Crooked Hilary, Sleepy Joe, Rocket Man (brilliant), Sloppy Steve. I have to admit, simple but effective.
It's just unfortunate these simple things work on so many simple people

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He's the exact kind of person to listen to on corruption, be that Trump or Biden. Same with Dylan Rattigan, Chris Hedges, Matt Taibbi. All people who don't play the red and blue game.

As for Greenwald he's been print media, digital media, radio, television. So to simply label him a youtuber is disingenuous.

Exactly who are you listening to for your information?

I don’t read or listen to opinion to form my own opinion. On Trump I look at the content of his speeches and his actions and I form an opinion. I don’t trawl the internet to find people who agree with me as this actually would not make my opinion any more valid.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
:lolol: :lolol: A heavily edited 3 (a whole three!) minute Youtube video that encapsulates "the views of regular people in Harlem v White Liberals that spout the BLM defunding tripe" :lolol:

I never knew Harlem was so small!

Laughable.

That guy's YT channel looks exactly like an online space you'd spend your time TB.

Yeah them pesky regular black people. How dare they want the same kind of protection from criminals as everyone else.

There's no way the majority of black people have the same thoughts and fears about criminals and crime that could impact their family that every other person has.

They really all want less protection hey?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don’t read or listen to opinion to form my own opinion. On Trump I look at the content of his speeches and his actions and I form an opinion.

Opinions seems to be all you're into.
So as opinions have no basis in fact until verified nothing you ever opine can be taken as factual, just a construction of your mind.

A rather interesting way to live life for sure.

You're don't have to look for confirmation bias. You can also just look for compiled information from sources not linked to any of the political actors in question and then make your own mind up.

D

Deleted member 22389

Trump , according to google , has brokered peace deals in the middle east , normalised relationships between Israel and the Saudi's and UAE also brokered deals in the Balkan states .....this is a fact but obviously not important enough to negate any of his unfortunate behaviour in front of the camera.

if ever a bloke was stitched up my the media machine this is him ....yes he's a whopper but they all are , power corrupts.

wonder how long before the next flare up in the middle east ....time will tell.

:thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Opinions seems to be all you're into.
So as opinions have no basis in fact until verified nothing you ever opine can be taken as factual, just a construction of your mind.

A rather interesting way to live life for sure.

Not sure where you are coming from Tyrone. What I’m really saying is that perhaps you need to start coming up with your own opinions. Speak to more people (in real life) who think differently and recognize that people who make political you tube videos are a little weird. Have a great day, be positive and stop looking over your shoulder for conspiracies.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah them pesky regular black people. How dare they want the same kind of protection from criminals as everyone else.

There's no way the majority of black people have the same thoughts and fears about criminals and crime that could impact their family that every other person has.

They really all want less protection hey?

3 minute Youtube video.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's just unfortunate these simple things work on so many simple people

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Indeed.
Still, we're ok over here, 350 million quid being pumped into the NHS weekly as I type. :clap2:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not sure where you are coming from Tyrone. What I’m really saying is that perhaps you need to start coming up with your own opinions. Speak to more people (in real life) who think differently and recognize that people who make political you tube videos are a little weird. Have a great day, be positive and stop looking over your shoulder for conspiracies.

I'm coming from the POV you're not into facts, just opinions.

Enjoy your day as well, stay safe.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
And?

Are you some kind of troglodyte and can't accept information can be conveyed on multiple forms of media?

How exactly should information be conveyed?

You claim to bring us the views of tens of thousands of people who reside in Harlem, New York City (pop. approx 8 million), and present before us a 3 (three) minute heavily edited Youtube video? And that's not even taking into account the obvious politics of the person doing the editing.

And you expect not to get laughed out of town? Get back to crimping your mullet TB.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
I saw someone else on twitter say that we aren’t seeing the end of American democracy; we are seeing the conflict that arises when a country *becomes* a democracy. Now, will they make it through to the other side - that’s the question.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Oh, and Trump has just given the medal of freedom to Jim Jordan. A man, who turned a blind eye to young men getting sexually assaulted. Drain that swamp.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I saw someone else on twitter say that we aren’t seeing the end of American democracy; we are seeing the conflict that arises when a country *becomes* a democracy. Now, will they make it through to the other side - that’s the question.

Some things in the US will never change that's for sure. My Mrs has a mate over there who grew up in Detroit, now lives near Chicago. He's educated, liberal, mixed race, hates Trump and is really knowledgeable about politics. But when we were discussing Obamacare a while ago, he said that in principle, he was for it but that he was still a bit worried because "you guys have free healthcare but you pay way more tax in comparison".

Which is a lie.

But if you've been told that your whole life and probably been taught it in school / college, of course you're going to believe it. Ideology like that, the right to bear arms and the whole bullshit that "anyone can make it" (so don't tax the rich too much) underpin American society.

That's not going to change, ever.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Some things in the US will never change that's for sure. My Mrs has a mate over there who grew up in Detroit, now lives near Chicago. He's educated, liberal, mixed race, hates Trump and is really knowledgeable about politics. But when we were discussing Obamacare a while ago, he said that in principle, he was for it but that he was still a bit worried because "you guys have free healthcare but you pay way more tax in comparison".

Which is a lie.

But if you've been told that your whole life and probably been taught it in school / college, of course you're going to believe it. Ideology like that, the right to bear arms and the whole bullshit that "anyone can make it" (so don't tax the rich too much) underpin American society.

That's not going to change, ever.

I once discussed health care in the Intel Fab in Hillsboro Oregon (it was a very boring day) with a guy out of MIT. He was led to believe that we paid 25-30% of our salary in health tax. When I pointed out that it was 12% plus a bit from ‘normal tax’, he proceeded to be really pissed off. We were all in clean room attire and so I could only see his eyes. They were the eyes of a man who was considering a new career as a serial killer and I was to be his first victim.

Getting a job in the US is relatively easy, getting a job with health care that matches the NHS, is another matter entirely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here