Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that's correct. Think he is immune from prosecution whilst president but not once he leaves the post. Some of the suggestions are that if Biden wins, Trump will immediately resign leaving Pence in charge until the inauguration and the reward for that will be that he will give Trump a pardon.

Surely you can only be pardoned after being convicted?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't believe he can pardon himself from the New York State tax evasion charges that he will likely face. Something to do with it being a state charge vs federal?

If that's the case, here's hoping. That or those calling in those loans he has guaranteed paying him a visit next year!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't believe he can pardon himself from the New York State tax evasion charges that he will likely face. Something to do with it being a state charge vs federal?

Ahem ...

This is an interesting question. There's nothing in the US constitution that says that a president is immune from prosecution. Indeed, when Nixon claimed this after Watergate, the Supreme Court unanimously decided that this was not the case (see US v Nixon)

However, current DoJ guidelines are that presidents can't be prosecuted. The attorney general could overturn that - but Bill Barr isn't likely to do it.

He doesn't have a clear run though. The guidelines are federal only so, in theory, a state prosecutor can bring charges against him

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Man who gets all his information from the dark web and youtube tells others what's going on in the world.
And there's the 'I'm more experienced than you' again. Joker.

there you go again ...turning other peoples words around , it really is a shithouse trait of yours...... !!

i'll substitute travel to open your eyes and pay attention if it sits better with you.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No. They are not. But we seem to have entered a looking glass world where the shallower, more vacuous and openly self serving you are, the more people seem to be prepared to vote for you.

Here is a mature, impressive performance from a politician that has been widely declared 'unelectable':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO1o66Ti2bA

We currently live in a world where Trump is president of the most powerful country in the world yet Bernie is 'unnelectable'.

We are told that our education systems are close to left-wing indoctrination centres and our media constantly shares left-wing propaganda.

Madness.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We currently live in a world where Trump is president of the most powerful country in the world yet Bernie is 'unnelectable'.

We are told that our education systems are close to left-wing indoctrination centres and our media constantly shares left-wing propaganda.

Madness.

who do you mean by "our"..??..certainly not in the country where you and i live ..??

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I believe it was a post of mine. What I was saying was that Trump's supporters will vote for him come what may, he doesn't need to win them over. To win the election he needs to win over more of the middle ground but according to polls he isn't doing this. Of course Biden also needs to win the middle ground to get him over the line and he is currently more successful than Trump at this, according to the report I posted.

Trumps performance last night has received criticism from all sides. It was a poor tactic but then again, he hasn't got much else to work with!!!

Quite, not sure it was a tactic as such, more just Tump being Trump.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
who do you mean by "our"..??..certainly not in the country where you and i live ..??

By 'our' I mean our western nations. Australia, US , UK were probably at the forefront of my thinking.

I would disagree, our media in Australia is often accused of left-wing bias.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
By 'our' I mean our western nations. Australia, US , UK were probably at the forefront of my thinking.

I would disagree, our media in Australia is often accused of left-wing bias.

abc and sbs maybe .......the other msm channels just dish up moronic viewing for the masses and fox is downright verging on fascist in it's news content with Bolt ,Jones, Smith ,Murray etc ....also Murdoch's rags are anything but left , i know we are not confusing left with critique of the govt. which in my opinion we desperately need in this country ....we really need this inquiry into govt. corruption asap.......

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
abc and sbs maybe .......the other msm channels just dish up moronic viewing for the masses and fox is downright verging on fascist in it's news content with Bolt ,Jones, Smith ,Murray etc ....also Murdoch's rags are anything but left , i know we are not confusing left with critique of the govt. which in my opinion we desperately need in this country ....we really need this inquiry into govt. corruption asap.......

I'm not saying our media has a left-wing bias (far from it). I am saying that we are told that that have left-wing bias.

It is an incredible piece of propaganda by people on the right. Much like persuading people that Biden, Corbyn and even Bernie are somehow far-left extremists. We are seeing a textbook moving of the Overton Window by the right of politics across the UK and US.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm not saying our media has a left-wing bias (far from it). I am saying that we are told that that have left-wing bias.

It is an incredible piece of propaganda by people on the right. Much like persuading people that Biden, Corbyn and even Bernie are somehow far-left extremists. We are seeing a textbook moving of the Overton Window by the right of politics across the UK and US.

yep ...i'm with you there ....here we just have outright media control by the current government , the national broadcaster being infiltrated with newscorp plants , 80 % of the population is oblivious to it.......how good is this LNP govt.:sick::sick::sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here