Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Agree, trusting BBC so far. No reason to believe they would bias reporting. BBC seem to report both parties opinions in news reports.Just interested to find a US equivalent.....they all seem to be s**t or bust, depending on which side of the coin your views are.

I would suggest NPR - National Public Radio

They are a publicly/privately funded non-profit media organisation. I listen to them for news in the car on the way home each afternoon, and they have a varied mix of programming, but they also have a website.

They are also a 501(c)(3) organisation that I make charitable contributions to each year.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nnan-faces-interview-Russia-probe-review.html

Obama's CIA chief John Brennan is interviewed for EIGHT hours by US attorney investigating origins of the Russia probe two days after FBI lawyer pleaded guilty to falsifying document used to get spy warrant

Brennan answered questions from team led by US Attorney John Durham
Durham 'told Brennan he was not a subject or a target of his investigation'
Brennan led CIA during waning days of the Obama administration
Durham probing how CIA came to conclusion Russia meddled in 2016 election
Attorney General Bill Barr tasked Durham with leading DOJ review
Earlier this week, former junior FBI attorney pleaded guilty
Kevin Clinesmith admitted making false statement in a FISA warrant application
Trump claims FBI under James Comey 'spied' on his campaign and was corrup

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nnan-faces-interview-Russia-probe-review.html

Obama's CIA chief John Brennan is interviewed for EIGHT hours by US attorney investigating origins of the Russia probe two days after FBI lawyer pleaded guilty to falsifying document used to get spy warrant

😁😁😁

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
probably BBC, while they are as partisan as all the other media, they'll try to cover both sides without overt bias.

In what way is the BBC partizan?

What is their agenda?

Equating the BBC with, e.g., The Sun, strikes me as the babbling of a lunatic.

Reporting the antics of Trump with a straight bat is not bias, no matter how much the facts may offend you :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

:lolol:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
BBC not biased :lolol: Seriously what planet you on ?

I don't think that the BBC necessarily lean to the right on purpose. But there is a lot of in-built bias in their staff and management (including the subconscious pressure exerted by knowing their licence fee is under threat) and when one side (Cummings, we are looking at you) is putting out a constant stream of lies and very deliberate propaganda and many of your reporters are inclined to want to believe rather than doing ther job and questioning properly, then it becomes very hard to cover politics without repeating at least some of the right wing lies.

We do instinctively think that if something is in writing, or is spoken on the telly, there mst be some truth in it...but generally speaking, for both UK and US politcal reporting, if you engage your brain in advance and do some critical thinking, you'll spot the bullsh*t easily enough.

Treat it like transfer rumours...only believe anything when multiple, reliable, sources have confirmed. And then build your picture of the world ONLY from those bits of news. Assume all else is a lie until you are 99% sure it isn't.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
In what way is the BBC partizan?

What is their agenda?

Equating the BBC with, e.g., The Sun, strikes me as the babbling of a lunatic.

Reporting the antics of Trump with a straight bat is not bias, no matter how much the facts may offend you :shrug:

As we have discovered, attempting a 'straight bat' when one side is pumping out very deliberate lies is itself a form of bias. This I think is where the probem lies. Independent studies after the last election showed that one side (go on...have a guess...) lied a LOT more than the other, but the output from both press offices was treated in the same way by reporters. The result is a form of collusion by the mainstream press, including the BBC, whether deliberate or not.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
On US affairs...left to right ...

CNN ---- BBC --- Fox

Regardless of your personal politics, BBC is reasonably centre.

A lot of my friends in the States have switched to the BBC for their news. They like the fact the BBC uses two very competent women based in the States, Katty Kay and Laura Trevelyan. I also like PBS which uses a mix of BBC news and their own news team - and MSNBC which is liberal / left of centre, particularly like the The Rachael Maddow show

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A lot of my friends in the States have switched to the BBC for their news. They like the fact the BBC uses two very competent women based in the States, Katty Kay and Laura Trevelyan. I also like PBS which uses a mix of BBC news and their own news team - and MSNBC which is liberal / left of centre, particularly like the The Rachael Maddow show
John Sopel is also very good with his analysis. I remember him referring to a very strange comment by Trump with... " There have been many eyebrow raising utterances from President Trump over the last three and a half years, today's statement reached a new high.."

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
John Sopel is also very good with his analysis. I remember him referring to a very strange comment by Trump with... " There have been many eyebrow raising utterances from President Trump over the last three and a half years, today's statement reached a new high.."

Always like his comeback line "impartial, free and fair" after Trump took a pop at the BBC

[video]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-38999996[/video]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As we have discovered, attempting a 'straight bat' when one side is pumping out very deliberate lies is itself a form of bias. This I think is where the probem lies. Independent studies after the last election showed that one side (go on...have a guess...) lied a LOT more than the other, but the output from both press offices was treated in the same way by reporters. The result is a form of collusion by the mainstream press, including the BBC, whether deliberate or not.

So, an unavoidable bias in favour of Boris and Brexit? ??? Well, I do think the Liar and his chosen folly stink to high heaven but even I, a (recently rejoined) member of the Labour party and unenthusiastic remainer, don't feel that bothered that the BBC don't make more of all the lies. I think the BBC has done a fair job without boring us silly with it. Anyway, all bets are off till a year before the next GE.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
So, an unavoidable bias in favour of Boris and Brexit? ??? Well, I do think the Liar and his chosen folly stink to high heaven but even I, a (recently rejoined) member of the Labour party and unenthusiastic remainer, don't feel that bothered that the BBC don't make more of all the lies. I think the BBC has done a fair job without boring us silly with it. Anyway, all bets are off till a year before the next GE.

Brexit was only ever a means to an end, a great way to play two groups against each other and provide a route to victory. Worked a treat too (thanks more to idiot, obessive, remainers more than anyone else in my book).

Brexit was not the point. The lies are the point. Destroy the truth, control the message and the world is your Oyster.
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1297774088350502913

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here