Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump’s press conference last night was one the most bizarre, paranoid, narcissistic events I have ever seen. Strangely compelling and horrific all at the same time.

Half a million infected, 20,000 dead and he's still the victim. Good to see BBC's John Sopel get in a few pointed questions

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trump’s press conference last night was one the most bizarre, paranoid, narcissistic events I have ever seen. Strangely compelling and horrific all at the same time.

Yep and he’s likely to be getting a second term....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An hour and 43 minutes.

His bigliest one yet.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yep and he’s likely to be getting a second term....

Not according to the bookies. Just better than evens with only a presumptive Democrat candidate. 10% points behind in the polls too. Had a look on Paddy to get the odds and found these:

2F1EF842-AC47-410B-9E5A-7E5C8F8BD35F.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's like asking George Cornell to be nice to the Krays.

John Oliver did a feature on Trumpletons latest news 'squeeze' - One, America's News Network.

Fair play to them they've realised if you blow smoke up Donny's arse you get media access far far beyond your remit.

Oh and they make Fox News look like David Lloyd George having a fireside chat with David Steel.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1249955878201147393[/TWEET]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The election is some way off yet, if he does not get the virus under control and yet somehow get business going again and millions back in to work he may not be a shoe in.

10,000+ people have died in the UK and Johnson's ratings have never been higher. I read somewhere that the best thing that can happen to boost a PM or a President is a crisis, and it doesn't matter how well/badly it's handled.

The way partisan politics works now, you're either with Trump or against Trump and if you were with him before COVID-19, you'll be with him after and more so.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Don't know where you're looking but Trump is currently odds-on with just about every bookie - and the odds are shortening too.

Paddy has him at 6-5 on

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2020/winner/bet-history_95

I said I got the odds from Paddy and as a gambling man 6-5 is pretty close to evens in my eye. Biden is 13/10 a bit further away from evens. Close call but remember bookies odds are based upon money staked. Fool’s gold.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
10,000+ people have died in the UK and Johnson's ratings have never been higher. I read somewhere that the best thing that can happen to boost a PM or a President is a crisis, and it doesn't matter how well/badly it's handled.

The way partisan politics works now, you're either with Trump or against Trump and if you were with him before COVID-19, you'll be with him after and more so.

Not if you’re dead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Johnson has had the advantage of being out of the limelight and not having to deliver a daily Death Count or face the flak over government failures and mistakes, Hancock and Raab have been the faces of bad news, plus Johnson's unusual humility after his illness has endeared him to many who may have forgotten his previous indiscretions, evasion and lies.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

During a crisis yes. We pull together and we support whoever is in charge.

I've personally refrained from politcal sniping over the last few weeks, and wish a few others, on both sides, could do the same.

After it is over though...there will be a reckoning. And a lot more information will emerge (especially about which groups took the brunt and why). I am pretty sure it isn't going to play well for Trump or for the Conservatives.

How they handle the economic crisis will probably be more important than how they handle the health crisis. So far the conservatives are making many of the right noises. Time will tell, but they seem to be a long way ahead of Trump in terms of understanding the sh*t they are in and what they will have to do to survive as a government.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bottom line is Biden just doesn't have 'it'.

Not to mention having his own baggage which will stop him fighting dirty.
But obviously not stop Trump.

Obama would have eaten him for breakfast.
As would Clinton and in a different world, Bush snr.

Anything less than 2,000,000 American deaths and Trump has an out.
In fairness more than 2m and Trump will use the Governor's as an out.

Biden just isn't the man, neither was Bernie and everyone else seems (from the outside looking in) very meh.

I have no idea how America got themselves in this shite, but I'll hazard a guess it's similar to how we've ended up with Patel and Gove 4th and 5th in line behind Johnson.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The election is some way off yet, if he does not get the virus under control and yet somehow get business going again and millions back in to work he may not be a shoe in.

You can tell that he and his rabid supporters are already cooking up lies, intimating that the governors and mayors of covid19 hot spots caused the high death count.

That pile of bulls*it will grow as they head towards the presidential poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here