Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Musk is one of the worst culprits - you know he’s just made a massive donation to Trumps campaign and endorsed him?

I think you are right to be sceptical and Trump has his far share of detractors in Washington but there is a very fine line between being sceptical/not trusting everything politicians say and constructing alternative realities ’ based on conspiracy theories.
I know that wasn’t what you were really doing here but it is a real stretch without any evidence to start looking for a Grassy Knoll.

Btw - Assassination of Trump would not solve anything politically imo - the Republican Party will still live on in his image and people like Desantis, Cruz or Rubio would step up with hard right policies.
I didn't know musk was a donor, but I don't see any relevance. I just want to stay open minded on this shooting and see what pops up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Motive is massive in my opinion, the jigsaw needs to be completed, if you like to finish a job. You then have the data that may have to help future crimes.
I am not a person who has a drawer that won't shut properly, so slams it until it does, I work out why, sort out the cause...........so it glides with ease.
413 school shootings since Columbine, 25 years on. Let’s hope they’ve finally got the data to prevent shootings in the US.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
413 school shootings since Columbine, 25 years on. Let’s hope they’ve finally got the data to prevent shootings in the US.
Detail old chap, this was not a school shooting, I wasn't suggesting it was possible to stop all shootings. I do understand that the neuro typical can miss this stuff, although it should be down more to a dyslexic person, but I try to hone in on the detail as much as possible to compensate for my speed and spelling and grammeer problems..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Detail old chap, this was not a school shooting, I wasn't suggesting it was possible to stop all shootings. I do understand that the neuro typical can miss this stuff, although it should be down more to a dyslexic person, but I try to hone in on the detail as much as possible to compensate for my speed and spelling and grammeer problems..
My point being it might not tell you anymore whether he listened to Marilyn Manson albums, watched JFK 1000 times, was a member of a political party, spoken to by aliens, or felt instructed by political rhetoric - he is another American that has felt the need to grab a gun and kill people.

Taking out a political figure probably makes more sense than so many other mass shootings that occur, but finding Catcher in the Rye in his bag is not going to give you your motive.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Feels like everything seems to be going in Trump's direction at the moment. US democracy already shot as is their justice system.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Democrats (well a few) tried to get trumps secret service protection withdrawn on the grounds of hun being a convicted criminal.

Trump will be all over that in his campaign, are they running worse election run than the Tories?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Feels like everything seems to be going in Trump's direction at the moment. US democracy already shot as is their justice system.

Trump appointed judge, who was asked by senior judges not to accept her role on case against Trump, finds dubious legal loophole to dismiss case against Trump shocker!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Democrats (well a few) tried to get trumps secret service protection withdrawn on the grounds of hun being a convicted criminal.

Trump will be all over that in his campaign, are they running worse election run than the Tories?
Their only hope is binning Biden very soon, the incidents of the weekend make this less likely in the short term if at all

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Trump appointed judge, who was asked by senior judges not to accept her role on case against Trump, finds dubious legal loophole to dismiss case against Trump shocker!
I wonder if the timing of the ruling was intentional because she knew that sympathy for Trump would be at its optimum so there would be less condemnation of it, or whether the ruling was coming out today any way.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
That's just another pathetic conspiracy theory.

Also an insult to those men (and women) risking their lives by shielding Trump with their bodies.

View attachment 185680
Not sure a hand over the head is going to stop a 5.56mm bullet fired from 150m but that's not your point. I just find it amusing.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Do you have a source for that please?

I guess there will be a major investigation but security for the Candidates is not just down to the Democrats, the organisation of Trump’s protection is a cross-Party process.
  • Protection is authorized by the DHS Secretary after consultation with the Congressional Advisory Committee;
  • The Congressional Advisory Committee includes: Speaker of the House, House Minority Leader, Senate Majority Leader, Senate Minority Leader, and one additional member selected by the others;

If you feel so inclined, you can read here more about the Secret Service security protection for both VEEP and Presidential candidates (it’s quite interesting actually)

This is an interesting article of the “massive security breach” that was believed to have taken place.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bored of this one now, need another big story. Been spoiled in recent weeks with the election, then this… just one more big one please before the football season and the Albion distracts me…

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
s

Do you have a source for that please?

I guess there will be a major investigation but security for the Candidates is not just down to the Democrats, the organisation of Trump’s protection is a cross-Party process.
  • Protection is authorized by the DHS Secretary after consultation with the Congressional Advisory Committee;
  • The Congressional Advisory Committee includes: Speaker of the House, House Minority Leader, Senate Majority Leader, Senate Minority Leader, and one additional member selected by the others;

If you feel so inclined, you can read here more about the Secret Service security protection for both VEEP and Presidential candidates (it’s quite interesting actually)

This is an interesting article of the “massive security breach” that was believed to have taken place.

Here you go

Like him or not, to pull his security is nuts, they look after his family as well I believe.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
s

Here you go

Like him or not, to pull his security is nuts, they look after his family as well I believe.
That is rather a weighted and radical right wing and controversial magazine you linked to there - it courts conspiracy theories, promotes authoritarian leaders and supports the banning of all legal immigration into the States among other things and hasn’t used a fact checker since the 90s (wiki)

The actual legislative proposal was to end Secret Service protection for convicted felons that are sentenced to prison and hand that responsibility over to the Prison Services ( a link to FULL TEXT is in the main link below)

View attachment 185685
Likely the Police officer discovering him on the roof made him rush to get his shots off before the authorities could take him out, rather than being able to take his time over his shot
That is highly probable, as we know the assassin was killed a very few seconds after opening fire. You can't blame the officer for ducking their head down on the ladder but it looks very much that they also lowered their hand, which presumably was holding their gun. It looks like the officer only raised that hand back up when it was (relatively) safe to do so i.e. when the assassin had started shooting towards the stage. Basically I think a member of the public died because a police officer thought saving their own hand from getting blown off was preferable.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
130m is more than doable with that kit. Is that what it was ? Security f***ed that one up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here