Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump under fire.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think @Is it PotG? had his suspicions and maybe that's why he left NSC within an hour of @Right Brain Ronnie arriving :wink:
He hasn't responded to any of my posts on this thread (despite responding to several other posters). Suggests he's been sussed out.

I find the calculated gaslighting to be quite offensive. Why would anyone bother unless they are a **** to the core?

Apparently the shooter was reported to the Police as he clambered up to the roof but they weren’t able to spot him.
I believe these incompetents were even told he had a rifle. All they needed to do was have one of them trot up to the top of the stage to gain the same vantage point that this photographer had. I guess their attitude was 'we're the professionals, we've made sure that couldn't have happened'
1000001060.png

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Milwaukee mayor Cavalier Johnson has said he is feeling “pretty confident” in the level of security at the Republican National Convention in his city.

Wisconsin is an “open carry” state which does not restrict the carrying of unconcealed, loaded firearms in public, so individuals will be allowed to have firearms within the soft perimeter outside Fiserv Forum that is not under Secret Service jurisdiction, CNN reported.

Milwaukee mayor Cavalier Johnson has said he is feeling “pretty confident” in the level of security at the Republican National Convention in his city.

Wisconsin is an “open carry” state which does not restrict the carrying of unconcealed, loaded firearms in public, so individuals will be allowed to have firearms within the soft perimeter outside Fiserv Forum that is not under Secret Service jurisdiction, CNN reported.
I'm sure Trump will be fine about that, as he supports the NRA.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
I believe these incompetents were even told he had a rifle. All they needed to do was have one of them trot up to the top of the stage to gain the same vantage point that this photographer had. I guess their attitude was 'we're the professionals, we've made sure that couldn't have happened'
View attachment 185676
Maybe....or maybe they just let it happen.☹️

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I will not reply as Zeberdi who said this thread is turning out about me, he has the emotional intelligence of a brick …

Maybe....or maybe they just let it happen.☹️
Well I know you think I have the ‘emotional intelligence of a brick’ but do you really understand what you are saying?

You’re suggesting not only did Trump’s secret service detail want Trump dead ( which is frankly ridiculous) but they were prepared to stand by and watch a deranged and armed person shoot into a crowd of people that killed an innocent spectator, (a retired fire chief who died saving his family btw) to kill the very person they are sworn to lay their lives down for.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Just seen a report on ABC News that Crooks was rejected from the High School rifle team because he was such a bad shot, to the point of being dangerous.
Maybe becoming a "would be assassin" shouldn't have been top of his career list....
BBC News have the same comment, but also this follow up:

The school district said there was no record of Crooks trying out for the team and he "never appeared on a roster".

Crooks did, however, belong to a local shooting club - the Clairton Sportsmen's Club - for at least a year.

So he could have been a terrible shot whilst at school, but could have practiced and seriously improved whilst a member of the shooting club

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm amazed he used an AR-15 and failed to blow Trump's head off. We know from many shootings that AR-15s cause massive damage. Some children were pretty much blown apart at Uvalde. If it was an AR-15 I can o ly assume he used a different bullet to those used in other shootings but I still can't understand how he could fire several shots and not hit his intended target.
1721052571911.png

Likely the Police officer discovering him on the roof made him rush to get his shots off before the authorities could take him out, rather than being able to take his time over his shot

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Well I know you think I have the ‘emotional intelligence of a brick’ but do you really understand what you are saying?

You’re suggesting not only did Trump’s secret service detail want Trump dead ( which is frankly ridiculous) but they were prepared to stand by and watch a deranged and armed person shoot into a crowd of people that killed an innocent spectator, (a retired fire chief who died saving his family btw) to kill the very person they are sworn to lay their lives down for.
I did say maybe, when world leaders are involved it seems anything but anything is possible. I have trust issues with all theire lies. Will we ever know the truth? Probably not. What a wonderful world we call home, no wonder Musk and Branson can't wait to get to space. ☹️

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I did say maybe, when world leaders are involved it seems anything but anything is possible. I have trust issues with all theire lies. Will we ever know the truth? Probably not. What a wonderful world we call home, no wonder Musk and Branson can't wait to get to space.
America is able to digest multiple school massacres from primary to college age and has had no great reflection on motives, causation or gun control. That Donald Trump has his ear nicked by another disgruntled citizen with acces to military grade weaponry - why are you suddenly hung up on motive?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I did say maybe, when world leaders are involved it seems anything but anything is possible. I have trust issues with all theire lies. Will we ever know the truth? Probably not. What a wonderful world we call home, no wonder Musk and Branson can't wait to get to space. ☹️
Musk is one of the worst culprits - you know he’s just made a massive donation to Trumps campaign and endorsed him?

I think you are right to be sceptical and Trump has his far share of detractors in Washington but there is a very fine line between being sceptical/not trusting everything politicians say and constructing alternative realities ’ based on conspiracy theories.
I know that wasn’t what you were really doing here but it is a real stretch without any evidence to start looking for a Grassy Knoll.

Btw - Assassination of Trump would not solve anything politically imo - the Republican Party will still live on in his image and people like Desantis, Cruz or Rubio would step up with hard right policies.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don’t really care too much for Trump, I don’t hate him or anything like that but I’m not sure he’s a force for good in the world. What I would say is hats off to those security people who surrounded him and were willing to get shot and killed to protect him, amazing bravery.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
America is able to digest multiple school massacres from primary to college age and has had no great reflection on motives, causation or gun control. That Donald Trump has his ear nicked by another disgruntled citizen with acces to military grade weaponry - why are you suddenly hung up on motive?
Motive is massive in my opinion, the jigsaw needs to be completed, if you like to finish a job. You then have the data that may have to help future crimes.
I am not a person who has a drawer that won't shut properly, so slams it until it does, I work out why, sort out the cause...........so it glides with ease.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has a whiff of Bakerlite / Two Professors....
I noticed that Brain Dead Ronnie seems to be pretty adept at using the features on here and does not lack confidence when replying... I might have to give my Ignore list an update.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I don’t really care too much for Trump, I don’t hate him or anything like that but I’m not sure he’s a force for good in the world. What I would say is hats off to those security people who surrounded him and were willing to get shot and killed to protect him, amazing bravery.
No bravery, they knew there wouldn’t be anymore shots…. 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here