Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Truffles bakery awful 'bacon' roll

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On a serious note ( not that I'm suggesting you are not being serious), that is disgraceful and warrants a complaint to Trading Standards (if it still exists) and to the CEO of Truffles.
Yeah. Jokes aside if this was legit; send a screenshot of that to the big boss. He’ll probably be as furious as you should be.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On a serious note ( not that I'm suggesting you are not being serious), that is disgraceful and warrants a complaint to Trading Standards (if it still exists) and to the CEO of Truffles.
Thompsett family own and run the business….

Peter is now retired, and the business is run by his three daughters; Daisy, Amy and Molly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pastry you say, i thought a roll was bread? Genuine question

I've just enquired, and I'm told it was called a bacon slice. I'd imagine a roll should be bread, so no, it wasn't a roll.

It actually looked fine (didn't like like a state until I took it apart looking for the elusive bacon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
While I feel your pain you have reminded me that I have a whole pack of dry cured streaky bacon in the fridge and bought a large loaf of chewy white yesterday.
I'm feeling better already

I see you're in Brighton. Do you deliver to Hove?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Attachments

• 20240706_155531.jpg
    20240706_155531.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I had mouldy bread pudding from Truffles once (the SBS branch). Put me off the place for years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Outstanding, have always loved Truffles, unless they short change Trig of course

Vouchers arrived. Molly apologised for the mistake, saying the bacon is added by hand and someone missed the main piece. I trust that they have been executed, and all will be well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here