Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

True Brighton Supporters not treated well enough

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You say you go to every home game. If that's the case then why aren't you a season ticket holder. If you were, then you should have got a ticket if you had got up of your arse and applied in time.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Judging by the responses, you don't look to be getting much sympathy which would appear to be totally deserved. Ranting on about how good a fan is will not get you anywhere.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What actually constitutes a 'True Brighton Supporter' ?

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
i'm a big match charlie, i never miss out on a ticket for a big un and i'll tell you why, I get off my fat arse and get my application in, THEN go on NSC slagging of anyone who never when to the 2nd league cup replay v Oldham at Filbert St in 1978. Not the other way round!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You say you go to every home game. If that's the case then why aren't you a season ticket holder. If you were, then you should have got a ticket if you had got up of your arse and applied in time.

Thats unfair not everybody can afford £400 in March or have credit card to put it on but could well be able to afford £25 each game.

For the past 10 years I have paid for my season ticket and said that I am going to put the entrance fee away each game ready for the renewal in March but as yet I havent done it; being a pensioner I should now.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Even if he couldn't afford it, there is always the blue scheme for £30.

No excuses really.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Even if he couldn't afford it, there is always the blue scheme for £30.

No excuses really.

Thirty quid every year for the odd game or two is extortionate. How many games this year has needed blue membership?! You end up paying £50 quid per ticket if you only use it twice a year.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Up until yesterday i was a bad bytch now thanks to a kindly nscer i am no longer a bytch and back to being a mild mannerd G block chunderer. Those who cant get a ticket and previously attended some or all of the jpt games i feel your pain. :thumbsup: Well i did do.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The correct people to speak to about tickets are the ticket office themselves, Insider can only supply information that is currant at HIS time of asking, I most certainly would not rely on a message board for vital ticket information.

Gold Members (Season Ticket Holders), then Blue Scheme, then White Scheme.

All explained here:

Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Membership | Albion Membership

This is exactly what I was getting at. I just wanted to be sure before I made my point to the thread starter. Some time after tickets were made available the Insider mentioned on here that tickets were still available. On top of that, as per usual, members got priority.

I have no idea what a "true supporter" is but what I do know is that the club are pretty consistent about ticket allocation. If you are a 'member' of the club you get precedence. It has been the case for a long time and seems to me to be a fair way to decide these things. I accept that this can mean paying £10/£30 just to get to the front of the queue for big match tickets, but being a member of the club (rather than a true supporter - definition to be agreed) brings other benefits, not all of them tangible.

Another way of looking at it is that members are paying a premium of something like £1/match to be official members of the club (with attendent benefits). Doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

The club have done all they can to ensure true supporters get tickets (ie become a member) they can't do much more. My guess is that a "true supporter" would also be a member. If for some reason they couldn't be, I'd expect them to be on the phone to the ticket office the minute tickets become available for matches that are likely to be popular.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Up until yesterday i was a bad bytch now thanks to a kindly nscer i am no longer a bytch and back to being a mild mannerd G block chunderer. Those who cant get a ticket and previously attended some or all of the jpt games i feel your pain. :thumbsup: Well i did do.

And what idiot sold you a ticket then..........

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
And what idiot sold you a ticket then..........

That would be telling,as in great expectations i would not reveal my benefactor to these lot of ruffians. Though if you cross a well known chain of pizza resturants and a place to make sandcastles you may guess :thumbsup:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
:whistle:blah blah blah,boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thats unfair not everybody can afford £400 in March or have credit card to put it on but could well be able to afford £25 each game.

For the past 10 years I have paid for my season ticket and said that I am going to put the entrance fee away each game ready for the renewal in March but as yet I havent done it; being a pensioner I should now.

My heart bleeds for him. You can do it so why can't he. He's paying £575 per season when it cost me only £409. Even if he took out a 12 month bank loan he'd still be quids in.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Its simple really is'nt it if you want the best chance to get a ticket you become a season ticket holder or blue member. Failing that you are in the draw with the white members. I know white members who got tickets after posting the day after the first game so really can't see how any 'true supporter' missed out.

The club have a clear policy on ticket allocation which everyone has known since the start of the season so bleating about not getting a ticket now is a bit pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here