Tony Towner

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In my time(88 onwards):

Garry Nelson
John Byrne
Zamora
Steve Foster(although I only saw him in his seconf spell with us, so not sure that counts...)

I'm not sure Gotzmanov counts as a legend? He's more of a cult hero isn't he?

Oct 2, 2008
My legends:

On the pitch, Wardy. Thanks for all the memories.

Off the pitch, Krispies. Now thats bound to generate some discussion !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In all honesty, the fact that Gary Hart has been a bit part player for 2 seasons should not diminish his absolute legendry status.

Lets not forget he was literally the only guy worth paying money to watch when he first joined the club. We went from second shittest in the league (for two seasons running) to a play-off challenging side - all off the back of his eye for a goal.

Then managers came and went and Micky built a title winning side - but Hart managed to keep his place in the squad and remained an integral member in those two championship winning sides.

We went down, and still Hart remained. And even as recently as last season, we'd have been relegated without his contribution - he turned the game at the Bristol Rovers away game - a must-win if ever there was one.

He's been here over the highs and lows. He's won player of the season on occasion, he's top scored for the team. So next time you see him at Withers and you chuckle at how off the pace he might look, remember that if he's not our Steve Bull, then he's certainly our Neil Harris and deserving of the utmost respect from EVERY Albion fan.

Gary Hart - a true one-club, Albion legend. :bowdown:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
For me, in no particular order:
Mullery,
Melia,
Knight,
Ward,
Horton
Mosley,
Lawrenson,
Case (fits in catagory below as well),
Robinson,
Foster,
Zamora,
Hart,

others that were legends before they played for us:
Worthington
Stapleton
Corrigan

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
Agree with most on the above lists but would include the following from my early days of watching the Albion-

Glen Wilson- Albion's best player and skipper of the 1950's team.
Jimmy Langley- surely the best LB in club history
Bobby Smith- ex Spurs & England, not very fit and overweight but hard as nails and 20 goals in the last Albion team to score over 100 league goals in a season. Gteas shot up from around 8,000 to 20,000 on his arrival. No single player has ever matched the impact he made on gates.

Gotsmanov - here for a brief time, scored a few goals and saluted after one of them. Legend

His goal against Hull. He started to celebrate the goal after rounding the keeper and walking the ball into the net. If he had a full season with us he would have beaten Ward's record of 36 in one season. The best striker i've seen over the 39 years I've been watching this club.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
For me, in no particular order:
Mullery,
Melia,
Knight,
Ward,
Horton
Mosley,
Lawrenson,
Case (fits in catagory below as well),
Robinson,