Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

True BHA Legends, who is on your list?

Feb 14, 2010
(Just for being players otherwise Harty, Attilla, Samrah, Liam Brady, Dick Knight & Tony Bloom would be on the list) For me its ;

1. Charlie Webb - won the southern league, delivered the charity shield and made Albion Champions of England
2. Peter Ward - a shot he scored, and with a great rapport with us.
3. Steve Foster - mention Brighton to anyone and his headband will get a mention. Gifted played who played centre back for England in a world cup when with us.
4. Steve Gritt - I still don't know how he kept us up. Give him the freedom of the Albion
5. Jimmy Case - Truly great player when with Liverpool and us. Has never been replaced
6. Sergei Gotsmanov - Played for Russia in a European Cup Final before joining us. How he ended uup with us in Div 2 I still dont know, and i have never seen a player 10 times better than everyone else in the same way.
7. Bobby Zamora - We were crying out for a legend when we got back to bright and then.. "when the ball hits the net..."
8. Mark Lawrenson - "Our best ever player", well I'd say Gotsmanov has that title but he was truly class.
9. Alan Mullery - "palace are not worth that..." & took us to the top flight
10. Jimmy Melia - showman, took us to the cup final and on the helicopter said when asked if the wives and girlfriends would be there said.. " some ill have thei r wives, some will have their girlfriends but most will have both" to a stunned reported who was speechless

Legend in waiting

1. Charlie Oatway - not for his football, but because he seems truly grateful to DK and the club for helping him off the field and he is turning into a proper clubman
2. Poyet, but we shall see

Feb 14, 2010
(Just for being players otherwise Harty, Attilla, Samrah, Liam Brady, Dick Knight & Tony Bloom would be on the list) For me its ;

1. Charlie Webb - won the southern league, delivered the charity shield and made Albion Champions of England
3. Steve Foster - mention Brighton to anyone and his headband will get a mention. Gifted played who played centre back for England in a world cup when with us.
4. Steve Gritt - I still don't know how he kept us up. Give him the freedom of the Albion
5. Jimmy Case - Truly great player when with Liverpool and us. Has never been replaced
6. Sergei Gotsmanov - Played for Russia in a European Cup Final before joining us. How he ended uup with us in Div 2 I still dont know, and i have never seen a player 10 times better than everyone else in the same way.
7. Bobby Zamora - We were crying out for a legend when we got back to bright and then.. "when the ball hits the net..."
8. Mark Lawrenson - "Our best ever player", well I'd say Gotsmanov has that title but he was truly class.
10. Jimmy Melia - showman, took us to the cup final and on the helicopter said when asked if the wives and girlfriends would be there said.. " some ill have thei r wives, some will have their girlfriends but most will have both" to a stunned reported who was speechless

Legend in waiting

1. Charlie Oatway - not for his football, but because he seems truly grateful to DK and the club for helping him off the field and he is turning into a proper clubman

.. oh players and managers

Dandyman

In London village.

Legend in waiting

Don't object to anyone on that list but add:

Nobby Horton - the best skipper we've had IMO
Robbie Reinelt - without whom we would now be AFC Brighton.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
End of thread. You have done it all. :clap:

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Gotsmanov - here for a brief time, scored a few goals and saluted after one of them. Legend

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
For me:

1. Peter Ward
2. Stevie Foster
3. Jimmy Case
4. Bobby Zamora
5. Nobby Horton
6. Mark Lawrenson
7. Jimmy Melia
8. Alan Mullery
9. Gazza Nelson

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Robbie Reinelt - without whom we would now be AFC Brighton.

Did bugger in his entire time with the club except tuck away a rebound. Yes, a hugely important goal, but how can you dismiss the likes Kerry Mayo who played in that game (and 400 odd others), or Stuart Storer who scored a rather important goal the week before and added far more to the club at the time. Then you have other great servants like Norman Gall. Reinelt? Not in a million years.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Archie MacAuley - best manager we ever had

players not yet mentioned..........Kit Napier and Wally Gould; Brian Powney and Stuart Henderson; Dean Saunders

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here