Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trrrrransfer Rumours

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Albion Dan said:
Danny Dichio going over to play for Toronto in the MLS.

Spot on!

Toronto FC sign English striker Dichio
Former Preston player joins TFC

Toronto FC announced Thursday that they have signed forward Daniele (Danny) Dichio to a contract. Per club policy, financial details were not disclosed.

Dichio, 6-3, is a native of Hammersmith, London, England and arrives from Preston North End where he's been since 2005. He began his career at Queens Park Rangers in the English Premier League in 1993 before moving to Italy's Serie A with Sampdoria and Lecce before returning back to England.

The 32 year old was released outright from his contract with the League Championship club.

"He brings something different (to Toronto FC) that teams won't like to play against," said Head Coach Mo Johnston, "he's very good at holding the ball up, good on set pieces and defending them, and he brings us vast experience."

In 2006, Brighton showed interest in the striker, a fee was agreed to, but he decided to stay at Preston and fight for his place. On October 14th that year, he scored his first league goal for Preston in a 4-1 win over Sunderland.

Dichio has arrived in Toronto, and is awaiting his work visa.

BendyThumbs

Feb 26, 2005
Toronto
I actually enjoy the signing of Dichio and i like how Johnston seems to be on the lookout in a lot of different places for players.

I watched the first two games on tv and as bad as the New England game was i think the addition of the new defender plus some gel time we will be alright. What did you think?

I haven't been able to get a ticket to the home game unfortunatley. I am a student and i blew my funds on the FIFA U20 tickets and by the time i got enough together the season tickets were gone. It looks like i will be getting some individual games though. How about you?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
BendyThumbs said:
I actually enjoy the signing of Dichio and i like how Johnston seems to be on the lookout in a lot of different places for players.

I watched the first two games on tv and as bad as the New England game was i think the addition of the new defender plus some gel time we will be alright. What did you think?

I haven't been able to get a ticket to the home game unfortunatley. I am a student and i blew my funds on the FIFA U20 tickets and by the time i got enough together the season tickets were gone. It looks like i will be getting some individual games though. How about you?

I have tickets for the opener and that's it. I did get the U20 tickets too, though. Look out for the mighty stripes!

BendyThumbs

Feb 26, 2005
Toronto
How did you get the home openers as singles! I tried, but no luck.

I will also be wearing the stripes..Hopefully some of the newer fans don't think we are there from Argentina :dunce:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
BendyThumbs said:
How did you get the home openers as singles! I tried, but no luck.

I will also be wearing the stripes..Hopefully some of the newer fans don't think we are there from Argentina :dunce:

As a member, I got an email from the club back in November with an offer of two hats and two tickets for the home opener for a total of $36. Not a bad deal, eh? I do wish I'd also grabbed the $200 season tickets though.

Right, now to see if the mighty Sens can finish the job.

BendyThumbs

Feb 26, 2005
Toronto
Yeah i am regretting not getting the 200 dollar ones too...but as a fellow member i am really regretting not checking/ noticing/deleting that emai offerl...:shootself

Go..Leafs...Go...:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here