Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Troy "sell the famoly silver" Deeney's TOTW

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Jan Paul van Hecke (Brighton): He's wonderful on the ball, looks so calm and composed. I think he'll be the one they end up selling next year to someone like Liverpool. He's naturally left-footed and never looks flustered. A clean sheet for a Brighton team who keep on rolling.

Carlos Baleba (Brighton): I was at this game and very rarely do you go to a Premier League match and someone looks a level above both teams. He was running over £50m Kalvin Phillips like he wasn't there. If he can keep that up, he will not be at Brighton much longer.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I thought JP being there was a bit strange - he had a decent game but he does that every week. The Forest defenders deserved some credit surely. And i thought Muric was probably a better shout than Sanchez
JP has taken over Dunk's role as the quarterback making most of the forward passes.
Muric, for sure, was a far more worthy choice than Sanchez, although we did give him lots of practise catching easy, floated crosses.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
FIXTURES!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's the famoly I feel sorry for.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Bizarre having two players in there after a very mediocre performance. Baleba absolutely, but JPVH just doing his usual thing against not a great team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2732.png

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Nauseating and as bad as Garth the Crook. Why would we sell them?

The BBC really does need to be closed down.

TNBA

TTF

Jan Paul van Hecke (Brighton): He's wonderful on the ball, looks so calm and composed. I think he'll be the one they end up selling next year to someone like Liverpool. He's naturally left-footed and never looks flustered. A clean sheet for a Brighton team who keep on rolling.

Carlos Baleba (Brighton): I was at this game and very rarely do you go to a Premier League match and someone looks a level above both teams. He was running over £50m Kalvin Phillips like he wasn't there. If he can keep that up, he will not be at Brighton much longer.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I thought JP being there was a bit strange - he had a decent game but he does that every week. The Forest defenders deserved some credit surely. And i thought Muric was probably a better shout than Sanchez
JP? As in Joao Pedro? Yes, he was there, but he didn't have a great game sat behind the dug-out carrying a knock he picked up for Brazil.

JPVH, on the other hand, I agree, he had a descent game.

If you're calling JPVH JP for short, what initials are you giving to Joao Pedro?

Pedantry apologies ....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
JP? As in Joao Pedro? Yes, he was there, but he didn't have a great game sat behind the dug-out carrying a knock he picked up for Brazil.

JPVH, on the other hand, I agree, he had a descent game.

If you're calling JPVH JP for short, what initials are you giving to Joao Pedro?

Pedantry apologies ....
JP is what the other players and staff call him, so it makes sense for JP to be used as a reference for van Hecke. Just call Joao Pedro 'Pedro', and then you avoid the confusion.

I'm sure I'm not alone at getting annoyed at people calling Pedro JP. Are there any other players we hyphenate their names? "Thought LD had a good game and his pass out to KM on the wing was excellent, but SA wasn't quite on the same wavelength." Nah.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
JP is what the other players and staff call him, so it makes sense for JP to be used as a reference for van Hecke. Just call Joao Pedro 'Pedro', and then you avoid the confusion.

I'm sure I'm not alone at getting annoyed at people calling Pedro JP. Are there any other players we hyphenate their names? "Thought LD had a good game and his pass out to KM on the wing was excellent, but SA wasn't quite on the same wavelength." Nah.
But Pedro's not his surname though (we had this in another thread). Calling him Pedro is like calling JPvH "Paul".

Damn it, Troy's right, we've gotta sell one of them just to clear up the confusion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Christ almighty….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here