Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Troy Deeney

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You've not followed his life the last 8 years I take it?

Try listening to this interview. Very interesting and comes accross as an admirable human being who does not deny his past but has learnt from it.

I gather he is reformed but I still see him as a bit of a thug on the pitch and he has done time for GBH, he is also Watford through and through so no I wouldn’t like to see him here. He is also too old for what we need. As others have said, we already have a good but waning striker.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watford fans had had enough of "Mr Watford" by the end of last season, a bit like Mark Noble and West Ham.

Will he really be all that motivated to play for clubs like BHA/WBA? He's already achieved all that he could realistically have done, he is the wrong side of 30, and his wages will be high. It's a no from me.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When Watford went up I would have loved to take Deeney at that point. A really strong focal point for the attack. That time has gone though.

Quite an admirable bloke. Had problems, dealt with them, and seemingly learnt the lessons. Something we all should try to do.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9479541 said:
I think he lives in Warwickshire (a 1 hour 30 minute drive from Watford's training ground), but a bit far to commute to Lancing every day!

ahh ok....just a hop skip and jump to west from then :rolleyes:

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Was awful for Watford last year whose fans largely are very happy to offload him at this point, unconvinced he'll even be good enough for the championship nowadays. Would be a terrible signing

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watford captain and striker Troy Deeney, 32, has been offered to West Brom. (Mail) -
Shouldn’t we be showing interest? Be great signing to play alongside Maupay.

Have you banged your head ???

We don't need that thug at our club, he comes with a lot of baggage :nono:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Dodgy knees would be my worry. Can't afford to have a player sign who's knees are a bit shot. My Watford colleague reckons he would be a good addition though if we could keep him fit.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Calling @DrNo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here