Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was talking to a few old mates who had a serious dustup before the game in a pub near the ground...seemly a lot of the Pompey nutters werevout for this as well as some of the old faces from time gone by.

We parked quite a way from the ground and didn't see much at all

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
We go and watch football for a game of 2 halves.....if we want to see fighting we would tune in to 12 rounds of boxing on the tv, its not big, and you ain't hard....all i want to do is see a win, lose, or draw.....preferably the win every time....but even if its not the right result i can say i went to support my team and enjoyed a day out watching my favourite team play football and got home safely without getting caught up in mindless acts of thuggery.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Was talking to a few old mates who had a serious dustup before the game in a pub near the ground...seemly a lot of the Pompey nutters werevout for this as well as some of the old faces from time gone by.

We parked quite a way from the ground and didn't see much at all

Must have been some organised nonsense away from the ground. I never saw any stuff going back to Fratton Station. OB cars went speeding down the road, but the bloke in me asked an officer if there was trouble and he said they were just trying to get everyone back to the station safely. Police at Chichester were just there to act as a deterrent when large numbers of Albion and Pompey fans got off. One I spoke to said they didn't expect any trouble. Contrast to 2002, when it kicked off in the middle of Chichester apparently.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
now i dont like violence at football but i hope the pompey fan who thought it was acceptable to call an albion fan who must of been aged 12 at most a gay **** right in his face and the middle aged bully who thought it was funny to barge into and try and trip up a group of young teenagers got whats coming to him. :wanker:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was in the Shepherds Crook just 2 minutes from the away end with my two sons, plenty of Pompey and Brighton in there and I am pleased to say there was no trouble.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I got on a train at Cosham at about 8.00 & sat with a few Pompey lads aged about 16. One of them threw a can off the train at a station at about 10 of our fans aged about 30 - 40 & it promptly kicked off whereupon our lot (twice the size & age & double the number) came worse off. Maybe we should be less mouthy at away games if we can't back it up. I'm not condoning football violence but some of our fans gesticulating & acting the big man safely inside the ground make me cringe.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I got on a train at Cosham at about 8.00 & sat with a few Pompey lads aged about 16. One of them threw a can off the train at a station at about 10 of our fans aged about 30 - 40 & it promptly kicked off whereupon our lot (twice the size & age & double the number) came worse off. Maybe we should be less mouthy at away games if we can't back it up. I'm not condoning football violence but some of our fans gesticulating & acting the big man safely inside the ground make me cringe.
Really ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here