Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trouble at the game ?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thank you CG and PM. i hope SLF and WS have made up, I can understand emotions run high. But we are all blue and white, so just celebrate that. I am going to hospital up here in north Bucks in the morning to get checked over. They offered me ambulance to Whipps Cross from the stadium but I turned it down because the stress on my poor old mIssus back home 60 odd miles away just would have been far too much. Now, please just stick together, KTF, and let’s move on.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Sorry to hear that SW, hope it doesn’t put you off going in future

Just seen this with regards to rejections today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ce-clamp-abuse.html?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That and the rise in racial abuse is a terrifying statistic and I genuinely would be interested in what could be driving those figures.

Have the bigots gained confidence or have people gained confidence in reporting? Tougher fines and restrictions should begin to act as a deterrent but unfortunately time will only tell.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Genuinely, really sorry to hear you were attacked today.
Great to hear some West Ham fans helped you out and credit to WHFC for looking after you.
Some tw*ts lose all sense of perspective, hope the aches and pains subside quickly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thank you CG and PM. i hope SLF and WS have made up, I can understand emotions run high. But we are all blue and white, so just celebrate that. I am going to hospital up here in north Bucks in the morning to get checked over. They offered me ambulance to Whipps Cross from the stadium but I turned it down because the stress on my poor old mIssus back home 60 odd miles away just would have been far too much. Now, please just stick together, KTF, and let’s move on.

Should have been checked over though. Glad you are okay. How did you get back ?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thx gents. Yes, the WHUFC ops director was brilliant, got a chauffeur to drive me all the way home, and then took my mate a further 20 miles on to a .local train station to go and get my motor car back home! Their club was very seriously embarrassed. All the police involved were very helpful, efficient and right on their game.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
That and the rise in racial abuse is a terrifying statistic and I genuinely would be interested in what could be driving those figures.

Have the bigots gained confidence or have people gained confidence in reporting?

I’d say almost certainly it’s because people now report it.

I doubt anyone got arrested or banned for racial or homophobic abuse in the Seventies or Eighties, but it happened a lot, far more than now.

Then it was tutted about but largely tolerated; now there no tolerance for it at all. People report it and the police and stewards treat it seriously.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
So sorry to hear about this [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION]

I can’t imagine it will put you and your boys off going. Not many fans travel the distances you chaps do every week!

Hope you aren’t too sore in the morning and please do get checked out at the hospital.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Thx gents. Yes, the WHUFC ops director was brilliant, got a chauffeur to drive me all the way home, and then took my mate a further 20 miles on to a .local train station to go and get my motor car back home! Their club was very seriously embarrassed. All the police involved were very helpful, efficient and right on their game.

Very glad you’re ok pal, but please don’t describe yourself as elderly in your late 50s...I’m 60 in 3 weeks and still think I’m 20 :)

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Haha! It wasn’t my choice, describing myself as ‘elderly’! As I came round in the gutter, I could see a copper crouching down over me, screaming into his lapel radio trying to call a paramedic “we’ve got an elderly white male down in the gutter, victim of an unprovoked assault...” And straight away, I pretty much knew that my son and my mates around me by then would start referring to me from that point on as “the elderly male” to make humour out of a pretty shocking situation. Needless to say, they did not let me down, b4st4rds....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Haha! It wasn’t my choice, describing myself as ‘elderly’! As I came round in the gutter, I could see a copper crouching down over me, screaming into his lapel radio trying to call a paramedic “we’ve got an elderly white male down in the gutter, victim of an unprovoked assault...” And straight away, I pretty much knew that my son and my mates around me by then would start referring to me from that point on as “the elderly male” to make humour out of a pretty shocking situation. Needless to say, they did not let me down, b4st4rds....

Time for bed old boy

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thank you HG. It was an uphill stretch of road, and he hit me with such force I fell backwards several yards, and did smack my head on the road, but no blood on the back of the head. I’m trying to lose weight, but I’m still about 18 stones. He planted his foot and dropped his shoulder and elbow and sent me tumbling several yards backwards. I watch a lot of rugby union. If he was a centre and dropped his shoulder into me that hard it was a definite red card, and probable citing for assault and multi match ban. But I wasn’t on a rugby field, I was strolling back to the station quietly with my son and a friend, with no colours, after an amusing afternoon of watching footie chaos. And I was smashed to the ground. I do plan to follow up with BHAFC officials to ensure that WHUFC follow up with the ban. This chap cannot be allowed to walk free and do this to another innocent unsuspecting old man like me, just strolling. Thank you again for your good wishes.

Nasty experience - hope you’re OK. Possibly worth getting yourself checked out by the doc if you’ve had that bad a bang on the head - effects of concussion can appear after a few days. Classy response from WH and some of their fans too.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Madness, hope you are well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shit to hear this wedgee - get well soon. Too many wannabe Essex wankers giving it large today - got ruined when we scored though :lol:

What a shit away day and stadium that is. Terrible all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here