Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble at Forest

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
Seems like Forest fans are at it already:-

Hundreds ran onto the pitch at the end of Monday's match between Notts County and Nottingham Forest at Meadow Lane.

There were fights inside the ground and violence erupted on the streets later.

Police said they deployed "every available officer" in the city while both clubs said they would look at CCTV footage to identify the offenders.

Don't know why they think they can have a friendly against Notts County. And tonight they're playing Derby!!!!!!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Always amazes me the rivalries in that area. Forget Man U v Liverpool or West Ham v Millwall, some of those Midland derbies are like centuries old blood feuds. I had the pleasure(?) of being in Hanley in Stoke when Vale played Stoke City a few years back. Christ on a bike, that was nasty.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Seems like Forest fans are at it already:-

Hundreds ran onto the pitch at the end of Monday's match between Notts County and Nottingham Forest at Meadow Lane.

There were fights inside the ground and violence erupted on the streets later.

Police said they deployed "every available officer" in the city while both clubs said they would look at CCTV footage to identify the offenders.

Don't know why they think they can have a friendly against Notts County. And tonight they're playing Derby!!!!!!!!

I am confused by the above story.

There is NO history of bother between Notts County and Forest fans.

I reckon there must of been other fans involved.

Derby, Mansfield or Chesterfield for example.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am confused by the above story.

There is NO history of bother between Notts County and Forest fans.

I reckon there must of been other fans involved.

Derby, Mansfield or Chesterfield for example.

How often have they even been in the same division in recent years? The year after County beat us in the play-offs must be about it?

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Always amazes me the rivalries in that area. Forget Man U v Liverpool or West Ham v Millwall, some of those Midland derbies are like centuries old blood feuds. I had the pleasure(?) of being in Hanley in Stoke when Vale played Stoke City a few years back. Christ on a bike, that was nasty.

It's all small-fry compared to the Buxted/Framfield derby matches. Last season people were shouting at each other and things got pretty tense, let me tell you.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How often have they even been in the same division in recent years? The year after County beat us in the play-offs must be about it?

They still share the same City, which means two teams dont need to be playing each other to have a ruck at the weekend, and as far as I know there is no animosity between these two sets of fans.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
All this cock about the Liverpool - Everton friendly rivalry thing is also balls.

When I lived there they f***ing hated each other.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Fine comment from our local paper:

I've seen some grainy footage of this so-called riot and it appears to be nothing more than Burberry handbags at dusk. If you visit most parks in Nottingham you'll witness p'ssed, screaming chav's, running around hitting each other - it's what they do cause they're thick init. For the sake of civilization, surely it's time to start sterilizing these retards?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't it kick off big-stylee at a Pompey v Saints friendly a few years back...I mean, whoever organised that game needs their head examined...that lot are as bad as Rangers v Celtic without sectarianism.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They lost 2-0 at Derby tonight, and there were nearly 5,000 Forest fans there in a 25,000 crowd, astonishing support.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Didn't it kick off big-stylee at a Pompey v Saints friendly a few years back...I mean, whoever organised that game needs their head examined...that lot are as bad as Rangers v Celtic without sectarianism.

Alan Knights testemonial

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here