Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I remember it well and it was indeed. El Abd made the space for the free kick :thumbsup:

Tross has dome more for the Albion :wink:

Of course he has. Been here longer, played more, more of a team guy. That's no reason to distil Vicente down to one run against Derby. If only we had a player who constantly moved the team forwards the way Vicente did.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Of course he has. Been here longer, played more, more of a team guy. That's no reason to distil Vicente down to one run against Derby. If only we had a player who constantly moved the team forwards the way Vicente did.

Vicente was indeed class. But Trossard is playing against significantly better opposition too which we need to consider. I imagine peak Vicente was even better to watch though!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's hard to like as he never looks happy but I think he's the most underrated player on here. Would be a huge miss if he went.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The amount of backheels he does is simply ridiculous. And like the Gross Turn, it catches the opposition out almost every time.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
One of our most infuriating players as he is potentially our best. When he really has the bit between his teeth he’s next to unplayable. He was right on it playing in front of us in the 2nd half. Brilliant combination of skill and determination. Big game player.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He would not look out of place in any of the top Prem sides because he has real quality, and he showed it today.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Good player, room to improve, but certainly happy to have him.

Can't compare him to Vicente. Vicente isn't just the best player to play for the Albion, he is one of the best attacking midfielders in La Liga history.

The very fact we got to see him perform - albeit in his swan song - in the stripes is absolutely mind boggling.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
His form has been going slowly upwards again over the last few games after a couple of bad months and it paid off today.

He will be difficult to replace, Brighton pretty much cant win without him having a good day.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think you're forgetting the day he single handedly destroyed the Pompey scum in 30 minutes. Now that WAS a fun day at the Amex.

And this surely would have been one of the greatest Brighton goals every scored.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Trossard has absolutely contributed more. Vicente ability wise when he got on the pitch was a mile away. His touch, control and vision was outrageous. If he wasn’t broken mentally he’d have been a perennial top 4 player in any league you like.

Was he? I thought it was more broken physically?

Trossard can be brilliant (but as mentioned above seems to turn it on more in Big Games) but he couldn't ever reach the skill level of Vicente, regardless of opposition.

edit - but this thread is about Tross and he seemed excellent on the poor live stream I watched. He really can be a great player, if, as always, he can find more consistency. I expect he'll move on in the summer as implied I believe elsewhere.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here