Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He kind of sums us up. Good player. Neat, skilful, pleasing on the eye. Lacks power and pace. Doesn’t score or assist enough though for an attacking player, just no cutting edge.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He kind of sums us up. Good player. Neat, skilful, pleasing on the eye. Lacks power and pace. Doesn’t score or assist enough though for an attacking player, just no cutting edge.

That’s everyone except our keepers and defence

In fact can you imagine the pen picks of our team where it says that paragraph word for word about 6 of the team!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I like him, just because he’s not running around with a inane grin on his face, folks think he does not care or is not trying.
Probably the same folks who thought Ashley Barnes and Murray were not or incapable of putting in a shift.
Possibly he is doing exactly what the manager is asking of him, he is a very good player and is always looking for an attacking option, isn’t afraid to shoot and would thrive with a bit more freedom.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There is a class player in there. He just looks ****ing knackered before he’s even started a match. Maybe there’s something going on in his personal life or maybe it’s a reflection that just very very few of our players seem to be enjoying themselves.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Has he ever looked any different or given a different expression?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And the other 85 minutes?

One bit of luck
One dead ball
One debatable foul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He contributed throughout.

It wasn't luck
Decent dead balls warrant recognition
Most commentators were of the view that it was a foul. An excellent breakaway goal, something we've not exactly excelled at of late. We need more of them. Trossard showed others how to do it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think he’s an excellent player, woefully out of form who is still trying to do the flashier things that would come naturally when he’s playing well. Maybe, he needs to keep it a bit simpler until he gets his touch back.

Plus he’s always had those big black rings under his eyes and looked knackered. Maybe he’s just not happy right now. We’re in a pandemic and they’re away from family - who knows what’s going on? They’re only human. Money doesn’t change everything.

Same occurred to me with Maty Ryan and his seeming loss of form and perhaps focus in games.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Plus he’s always had those big black rings under his eyes and looked knackered. Maybe he’s just not happy right now. We’re in a pandemic and they’re away from family - who knows what’s going on?

Why does this keep getting picked up? Look at some pictures of him from his Genk days, its just the way he looks ffs.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Whichever it was, it was fortuitous and gave him time that he rarely gets. I can’t honestly Isay I would have been confident of him delivering without it.

If you can't bring yourself to praise the bloke for slipping, recovering quickly andgetting in a brilliant cross from which we scored, you'll never see any good in him.
Edit: Come to think of it, you'll never see any good in Trossard if in your head you saw the defender slip to make it easy for him to cross. No wonder you are down on him if you register the opposite of what happens.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's doing that thing that creative players sometimes do - retreat into themselves when in a bit of a rut/run of bad form - overcomplicating everything, too many touches, then too timid/unhitting passes. His penalty smacked of indecision and a lack of conviction.

A talented lad. Needs to find it again.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trossard is a good player who had a bad game on a shocking pitch.
This is when you realise that a lot of Brighton fans would rather have 11 cloggers on the pitch.
The sooner we get a big man upfront and start hoofing it to him, like they did when pitches were like last night, the better for them.

Indeed. But still we have the same old bores claiming hat Trossard is now shit owing to the hopeless coaching provided by Potter (out) and is now ruined. It's called prejudice. I'm surprised nobody has suggested the increase in Covid cases is all down to Potter.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He contributed throughout.

It wasn't luck
Decent dead balls warrant recognition
Most commentators were of the view that it was a foul. An excellent breakaway goal, something we've not exactly excelled at of late. We need more of them. Trossard showed others how to do it.

Watched a different game to me then.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Indeed we all now know you watch the game, reverse what you see to create your miserable negative narrative, then post it on NSC. Good fan.

Forgetting NSC is a forum for discussion?

Sorry for having an opinion.

Didn’t know you were a ‘happy-clappy’ type, still your obviously a good fan.....

If you read my posts I call it as I see it and defended Steele and Dunk the other night when others were sniping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here