Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we really complaining that he looks moody? 4 assists 2 goals (1 disallowed or was it 2?), had several very close opportunities. Good vision from what I've seen, tries to make runs but on several occasions Maupay has piledrived it into a wall of defenders. First season in English football and an injury set back. Jeez.

***Some Albion fans are fookin idiots shocker***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deulofeu is better than Trossard

Is that the same Deulofeu who has played 120+ Premier League games over the last 7 years, interlinked with spells at Barca and Milan, who's better than half a season Trossard, or a different one?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The biggest issue Trossard seems to have is that he hasn’t yet worked out a way to execute his skills in the face of physical defending. He’s knocked off the ball too easily

Personally I think he could go around a defender but Potter prefers his wingers to find a pass not take the risk of losing possession

He’s done ok and I believe he’ll get better and is worth his place in the side just for the promise of occasional magic.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is that the same Deulofeu who has played 120+ Premier League games over the last 7 years, interlinked with spells at Barca and Milan, who's better than half a season Trossard, or a different one?

We should play Bong in Messi's position and see what happens.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He is one of the most frustrating players at the club. At times he is a joy to watch with huge amount of skill. Other times he simply goes missing and doesn't look interested.

That's just consistency.

All pro footballers can be amazing, the only thing which separates the world class players from the non league ones is how often they can be at their best.

Trossard's inconsistency is why he plays for us and not Man City. Just appreciate his good stuff and forgive him when it doesn't quite work and you'll enjoy football more.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yep. All wingers are inconsistent really. Tross has been great overall - he’ll shine again soon.

This totally, some bang on about getting Knocky back, whose mood changes are on a par with the Amex weather reports.
Stick with Trossard :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's just consistency.

All pro footballers can be amazing, the only thing which separates the world class players from the non league ones is how often they can be at their best.

Trossard's inconsistency is why he plays for us and not Man City. Just appreciate his good stuff and forgive him when it doesn't quite work and you'll enjoy football more.
Also the fact that some Albion fans will never ever be happy irrespective as too what's happening on the pitch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lovely player. That pass to Mooy with the outside of his boot for the 2nd goal against the muff was borderline sexual. The fact that Mooy took the goal so well with such a great finish kind of overshadowed the pass, but it was truly utterly sublime.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lovely player. That pass to Mooy with the outside of his boot for the 2nd goal against the muff was borderline sexual. The fact that Mooy took the goal so well with such a great finish kind of overshadowed the pass, but it was truly utterly sublime.

The people who don’t appreciate the quality of that pass are the ones who never played football. It’s an unbelievably difficult skill to produce.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'm still in awe of his pass from the centre spot out to the right in the second half v Chelsea.

I've waited 40+ years for the Albion to have a player that good.

Then a further 2 weeks to be told he's shitehouse.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm still in awe of his pass from the centre spot out to the right in the second half v Chelsea.

I've waited 40+ years for the Albion to have a player that good.

Then a further 2 weeks to be told he's shitehouse.

I seem to remember him play a very calm pass out of defence in that second half as well. You can clearly file under moron anyone who says he lacks ability.

The key with Trossard, Knocky, Lua Lua, Brooker ..... all creative midfielders or wingers, as someone wisely said, is to do with consistency. Messi or Ronaldo can see and execute an unstoppable skill 60%+ of times they attempt it. Players like Mahrez can do it possibly 50%, Trossard 45%, Forestieri 30% etc etc etc

All figures are approximate and there are some random picks there. But there are some Paddy McCourt, Lee Trundle type players down the league who can do all the things that the likes of Trossard can do and there are you tube showreels to prove it, but maybe can only execute these skills 20% of the times they attempt it.

It's why it's best to not to get too excited about what you see on youtube,

Last edited:

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Ronaldo has the skill and the brute force needed - Trossard just the skill - however he scares the opposition something rotten and is only really challenged by defenders when stationary , I still think hes coming back from his injury and we are blessed to have him

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
His control of a long pass to him against Everton followed by his shot onto the bar is the kind of high quality match changing skill we do lack across the team.

He is a bit lightweight etc. but these moments of brilliance are game changers.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
His control of a long pass to him against Everton followed by his shot onto the bar is the kind of high quality match changing skill we do lack across the team.

He is a bit lightweight etc. but these moments of brilliance are game changers.

Agree. If you have a game changer, you have to get him in the team, give him as little responsibility as possible and not worry about all the times he doesn't affect matches and looks like a passenger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here