Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard stays as our number 9?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Simply magnificent.

Apologies [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] you were completely right and I was wrong. Trossard isn’t just class, he is world class…..

Well, this season he has been, and he's been consistent, or it is as a result of it. We were deprived of such consistency for his first two seasons, but the signs of the quality were there. That said, for me and for where we were, his goals and assists record in those two seasons was promising. But at the moment, opponents simply cannot read him. He's so skilful, and he's now bulked up such that he doesn't get bullied off the ball. Needs to improve his tackling and defensive decision-making though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, this season he has been, and he's been consistent, or it is as a result of it. We were deprived of such consistency for his first two seasons, but the signs of the quality were there. That said, for me and for where we were, his goals and assists record in those two seasons was promising. But at the moment, opponents simply cannot read him. He's so skilful, and he's now bulked up such that he doesn't get bullied off the ball. Needs to improve his tackling and defensive decision-making though.

…. all of this and he plays more centrally. Hard to mark in the pockets of space. Opponents can’t simply put a couple of wide-men on him to crowd him out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes. It suits him being more central now he’s bulked up and is so strong. It works for us too as it means we can play more of our excellent midfielders where we are so strong.

Absolutely outstanding player and definitely our POTS so far.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just not a striker :jester:

So what? It doesn't matter. In a few weeks we've gone from a striker crisis to a point where we can put out several decent PL front threes without an actual 'striker'. Pick any three from Trossard, Mwepu, March, Mac Allister and Moder - plus Lallana at a pinch, and Sarmiento and Richards hoping for a break-out season too. Our front three won't be at the same level as Liverpool's or Citeh's, but would still be quite decent by PL standards.

Striker crisis? What crisis?

(That doesn't mean we couldn't or shouldn't sign anther striker if the right one comes along, but ATM I just don't see 'crisis')

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In a Potter team we don't use the classic striker even when Maupay plays. We have a very fluid style where theoretical position does not confine what we do and Trossard is a great example of that but to be honest we have a lot of players like that . Reminds me of the great Liverpool side of the late 1970s where any player could play in any position.

End of thread.

Still, I see bw2 has been along to make multiple posts that have all been ignored.

Just another day in the office :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So what? It doesn't matter. In a few weeks we've gone from a striker crisis to a point where we can put out several decent PL front threes without an actual 'striker'. Pick any three from Trossard, Mwepu, March, Mac Allister and Moder - plus Lallana at a pinch, and Sarmiento and Richards hoping for a break-out season too. Our front three won't be at the same level as Liverpool's or Citeh's, but would still be quite decent by PL standards.

(That doesn't mean we couldn't or shouldn't sign anther striker if the right one comes along, but ATM I just don't see 'crisis')

I suspect he was being facetious and insouciant ???

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Strong, clever as ever with the ball, willing runner and the ball sticks with him.

Always got a goal in him.

We all noticed the extra timber looks like he’s built into a very solid player.

I agree first season or two he did not look strong enough now he looks stronger and more equal to those he comes up against

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

And with the Japanese guy,Sima and Zeqiri to be added to the mix at some point!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite comfortably my PotS so far
This. When we signed him 2 years ago, I thought there was a chance we might have a player like this on our hands. He's been very hot and cold in his time with us - brilliant one game, anonymous the next. But this season over all, he has been absolutely class. Magnificent player this season.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Think being very much part of the Belgium squad in the Euros has instilled some serious belief in the lad.

His position as a false 9 for me depends on what we have behind because we lose something in the creative dept. if he’s not getting fed the ball as the 9. With Lamptey, March, Moder, Mwepu, Bissouma, Lallana, Cucurella, along with MacA and Gross all bombing forward and looking the part, you can see Trossard playing the no9 frees up a midfield slot. However, it’s a careful balance losing Trossard’s influence between the lines and asking him to play up front. He’s also been very effective as effectively a 10 to Maupay’s 9 - great flexibility and combinations available to Potter going into the next run of games.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
prob player of the season for me so far, yes has off days but his level overall has been top drawer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here